icon

5901 multiple led's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blwnup 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

I have the 5901 installed. And it has the LED in the main control/antenna, which points downward.

I want to install a second LED possibly close to the front defrost area to increase visibility.

Does anyone have any advice and/or knowledge on how to do this?

Thank you.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
you can unplug the LED plug from the brain and order a normal DEI led with 2 wires in the plug. or try to rig your own into the LED socket on the brain.
if you have a good multi meter you can test the wire on the led plug to see what it does and hook it up to a relay to drive any amount of LED's you want.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Using the (-) ground when out sigal to trigger a flashing LED may be the easiest way to go.
Kevin Pierson
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,603
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2009 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
that alarm has the accomadation for an off board dei led, you could probably get one where you purchased the alarm.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2009 at 3:42 AM / IP Logged  
I went on Ebay and bought a Varad hyperbright Blue and they also have Red alarm led.  It comes with a fair amount of entended wiring. There is a black, Red and a yellow wire. I purhcased one of these and connected the red obviously to constant 12v, black to ground and the yellow went to the ground when armed output of my viper (orange wire). These also have a feature where you can adjust the blinking rate on them. They are very bright..3 times brighter than the standard DEI led. Check it out.
fordguy218 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2009 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
I concur. You're best bet (for sake of ease) would be to tap into the ORANGE WIRE (Ground When Armed) and using that as the ground leg of your LED. Connect the positive side to +12V Constant. Viola.
Daniel

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic