4 ohms sub to mono block

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

tjjr8120 wrote:
take a old 4 ohm voice coil out of a subwoofer your not using and hook it up to your 4 ohm sub your trying to get a 2 ohm load out of and you got it and for those not listening to me (im an idiot) and (Dyohn) don't question me i been doing electronics when you was wizing in diaper's.

ummm....what!?!?

That is awesome....I'll try it someday!  NOT!!   There won't even be a noticeable difference from a 4ohm load and a 2 ohm load.  Why would you even think about doing that?   

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

tjjr8120 wrote:
take a old 4 ohm voice coil out of a subwoofer your not using and hook it up to your 4 ohm sub your trying to get a 2 ohm load out of and you got it and for those not listening to me (im an idiot) and (Dyohn) don't question me i been doing electronics when you was wizing in diaper's.

This is DYohn's Bio..."Wizing in pants"(wth)   Since 1973, sound system and loudspeaker designer and engineer for several audio and video related companies and manufacturers, including Oberheim, Harbinger, Sony, Ampex, Bag End, Creative Labs, Lucasfilm/THX, Precision Audio, and Tyco. Also worked as a video producer and sound designer for Columbia Pictures, Arista Records, A&M Records, MTV and The California Music Channel. Worked in several capacities for broadcast radio and television stations, and for ten years owned my own video production company. Current owner of Four Winds Audio in San Jose, CA.

Education: PhD in Cybernetic Systems from the University of California. Also a BSEE in acoustics and an MA in Broadcast Communications. University Professor in Radio and TV and in Communications at San Jose State University and Santa Clara University in California from 1990-1996.

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  

And I am an Idiot can do plug and play r/s's now...So leave him alone too...4 ohms sub to mono block - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. No reason to get nasty man...If they did miss your point, which sometimes happens...(Sometimes they like to strengthen a point... Or make sure that something incorrect doesnt happen,like the removal of the voice coil of new sub... It sucks to have to replace something from incorrect info.) Just re-point out your Idea/fix, or make your point why it will work...! Putting down is usually a last resort to not having the ability to respond accurately to the point...! Haemphyst points out the loss of power from your idea...Maybe a response to explain your point!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
... you forgot to mention I'm old enough to be some of you boys' grandpa.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
What I really want to know... is "diaper's WHAT"? And who is "diaper", anyway?
Bag End... That make all the more sense to me! :) (Kidding, Dave! BTW, when's the next trip to Todai?)
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:

tjjr8120 wrote:

This is DYohn's Bio..."Wizing in pants"(wth)   Since 1973, sound system and loudspeaker designer and engineer for several audio and video related companies and manufacturers, including Oberheim, Harbinger, Sony, Ampex, Bag End, Creative Labs, Lucasfilm/THX, Precision Audio, and Tyco. Also worked as a video producer and sound designer for Columbia Pictures, Arista Records, A&M Records, MTV and The California Music Channel. Worked in several capacities for broadcast radio and television stations, and for ten years owned my own video production company. Current owner of Four Winds Audio in San Jose, CA.

Education: PhD in Cybernetic Systems from the University of California. Also a BSEE in acoustics and an MA in Broadcast Communications. University Professor in Radio and TV and in Communications at San Jose State University and Santa Clara University in California from 1990-1996.

I think what tjjr8120 meant to say is he is whizzing in his diaper after reading that bio  4 ohms sub to mono block - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
... you forgot to mention I'm old enough to be some of you boys' grandpa.

That must have been you he was calling Grandpa.  I thought he was talking to me.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Haem, you may want to download the following manual.  You never know when he may decide to remove it from the web.  http://anscv.com/images/AMP/

Download the PDF file from that directory.      Sorry for posting this here, but his inbox is full.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Can i call you grandpa...? I think the 1973 reference was all that was needed...! 4 ohms sub to mono block - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic