icon

amplifier not coming on when car starts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
ROFL, leave it to haemphy to roll in pulling the classification badge in 1 hand and a six-shooter in the other...   haem, Im sure the guy means well and is just trying to help, perhaps you can re-word things a little? I dunno maybe Im sensitive. Idiot name change, reason #234!
This is what I do for FUN!
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
ROFL, leave it to haemphy to roll in pulling the classification badge in 1 hand and a six-shooter in the other...   haem, Im sure the guy means well and is just trying to help, perhaps you can re-word things a little? I dunno maybe Im sensitive. Idiot name change, reason #234!
He's been here one day... He's posted 34 posts (as of 0549 this morning, and 24 of those were since 0100 California time last night). Twenty of them made little to no sense at all, and the other 14 made even less sense or were completely wrong... Meaning well and DOING well are two very different goals, and this guy *IS* the "Bad Advice Monster" that tcss has threaded about, and the same guy that nearly all of us here at the12volt are trying to thwart.
Take this one for example:
tjjr8120 wrote:
if your looking to do a 2 ohm load with a 4 ohm speaker but don't have the money to buy another sub then if you got a old 4 ohm speaker take the voice coil out of it and wire it together + to + and - to - and you got your 2 ohm load (not to worry the voice coil won't do anything) but make sure your sub is able to handle the rms level @ 2 ohms for those wondering where to install the voice coil put it in the enclousure and make sure you mount it securly.
Now, is this even REMOTELY correct information? I thought I *WAS* being nice.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  

Yikes!  nokie1, please listen to "i am an idiot'" and ignore tjjr8120. 

tjjr8120, I appreciate your participation, but you're simply too dangerous and uninformed to be offering advice to anyone on this forum at this time.

amplifier not coming on when car starts - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
I think another "WOW" is appropriate here... Do you think we pushed a button?
tjjr8120, I can guarantee you that i am an idiot IS a troubleshooter. His 5800 posts have EVERY ONE been helpful in some way or another, and I have read every thread in which he has posted. I have watched him help people half-way across the country repair dead amplifers without even seeing pictures. This guy is a better tech than any I have ever seen, and if I ever need any kind of repair on pretty much ANY electronic device (I admit that I am NOT a troubleshooter) it's getting shipped to this guy.
While you might be a fantastic fabber, and your installs migh be superlative in their execution, it DOES seem you have trouble putting into words the proper method of "fixing", or "implementing". I know it's easy to be all gung-ho when you join a new forum, but you really should hang out and read a few posts from some of the members with higher post counts. The reason they have those counts is because they KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!
So far, your information has been all over the board, from OK, to downright dangerous - a voice coil oustide of a woofer? Running that kind of power to it, it's GOING to get hot... VERY hot. This is dangerous. This is what we are getting on you about. Please be more careful in your suggestions, and spend a little time formulating your answers as well as entering them. Additionally, this is a web forum, not your cell phone. Texting 1337 is COMPLETELY unnecessary here, you have as much space as necessary to post. With the use of proper punctuation and grammar, people will likely think more of your responses.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

tjjr8120 wrote:
ok i'm going to stop helping people out with thier problem and let some loving Custodian that don't know nothing when you guy can't ask me what i'm talking about put me and gramp's on the same project my doodie will come out more cleaner and nicer when i do this for a living and i'm a idiot is not a troubleshooter i seen what he wrote and i bet that 5,800 posts of his are bulldoodie

You are not helping people, so "stopping" is not really an option.

The PM you just sent to me...

tjjr8120 wrote:
ask me anything about car audio and i'll show you i loving know what i'm talking about you got custodians telling people what to do and you think he is a troubleshooter ask me anything you think i don't know

Replies you gave earlier... https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~115236~PN~0~TPN~1 

tjjr8120 wrote:
if your looking to do a 2 ohm load with a 4 ohm speaker but don't have the money to buy another sub then if you got a old 4 ohm speaker take the voice coil out of it and wire it together + to + and - to - and you got your 2 ohm load (not to worry the voice coil won't do anything) but make sure your sub is able to handle the rms level @ 2 ohms for those wondering where to install the voice coil put it in the enclousure and make sure you mount it securly.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~115380 

tjjr8120 wrote:
0 gauge in the car audio world is known as hot gauge lol but 4 gauge is around 80-150 amps
2 gauge 150-250 amps
hot gauge 250-300 amps
sorry 350 amp fuses don't exist unless you make a special order.
But since your amp is using a 70 amp fuse you will be ok with a 150-200 amp fuse.

tjjr8120, you proved my point.

amplifier not coming on when car starts - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
tjjr8120 wrote:
you need to check your remote turn-on lead when you start your car take a short wire and stick it on the positive and remote on your amplifier and see if it kicks on if the amp kicks on try removing the wire and see if the amp stays on let me know if it don't stay on.
Yeah somethings he states might be wrong butvI don't see anything wrong with this post right here. All he is trying to do is see if the remote wire from the radio is working right. I do this all the time on bench testing or even when you don't have a remote wire and us a switch. I just thank people are mad at him because the might or might not do this for a living and because he is not high level like a few of us that he can not try to help out that is what the forum is about or is it not. So now there is a rule the people under so many stars can answer to post now. That is wrong, Not stating that everyone is right or wrong just people that different was of doing things. This is what the forum is about learning from other people that have done it and people that want to learn how to do it. But since people have a high star or stat that means someone can't be better then them at things. What is the world coming to. I am not trying to start something here but just stating facts.
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
the12volt 
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

vibrationcustum wrote:
tjjr8120 wrote:
you need to check your remote turn-on lead when you start your car take a short wire and stick it on the positive and remote on your amplifier and see if it kicks on if the amp kicks on try removing the wire and see if the amp stays on let me know if it don't stay on.
Yeah somethings he states might be wrong butvI don't see anything wrong with this post right here. All he is trying to do is see if the remote wire from the radio is working right. I do this all the time on bench testing or even when you don't have a remote wire and us a switch. I just thank people are mad at him because the might or might not do this for a living and because he is not high level like a few of us that he can not try to help out that is what the forum is about or is it not. So now there is a rule the people under so many stars can answer to post now. That is wrong, Not stating that everyone is right or wrong just people that different was of doing things. This is what the forum is about learning from other people that have done it and people that want to learn how to do it. But since people have a high star or stat that means someone can't be better then them at things. What is the world coming to. I am not trying to start something here but just stating facts.

There is no rule as you have suggested and it has never been implied. We are all here to share our knowledge and learn. Post counts do not indicate anything other than a member's participation. Post counts do not indicate any member being better at somethng than another. It is the content of the member's posts that can indicate what they do and do not know on a given topic. Stating fiction as fact can be dangerous. When it is, it is not something this site supports. Add flaming PM's and posts to the mix and the member is done.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
Vibration, this post really does have only a little to do with the larger picture.  It just happened to be where the issue was addressed. 
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2009 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
o ok we well leave at that then water under the bridge. i see where you are coming from.
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 07, 2009 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:

tjjr8120 wrote:
ok i'm going to stop helping people out with thier problem and let some loving Custodian that don't know nothing when you guy can't ask me what i'm talking about put me and gramp's on the same project my doodie will come out more cleaner and nicer when i do this for a living and i'm a idiot is not a troubleshooter i seen what he wrote and i bet that 5,800 posts of his are bulldoodie

tjjr8120 wrote:
ask me anything about car audio and i'll show you i loving know what i'm talking about you got custodians telling people what to do and you think he is a troubleshooter ask me anything you think i don't know

It took me a while to figure out who the custodian was.  I forgot that I put that as my occupation in my profile.  He believed it. 

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic