icon

viper sst

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2009 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
If the customer drives the car every day they may not notice.  It takes anywhere from 1-3 days on most vehicles for a relay to kill the battery.
Kevin Pierson
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

KPierson wrote:
If the customer drives the car every day they may not notice.  It takes anywhere from 1-3 days on most vehicles for a relay to kill the battery.

See, i learned something about relays again!

tsremodel 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the replys. I know all about that a energized coil or a relay would drain the battery, how ever I am certain that I could easly power serveral of them for weeks if not months or years. LOL My box truck is used for construction and I installed a 5000 watt power inverter along with triple dry cell battery bank and 3- 500watts solar panels on the roof. Along with a normal street power charger for the battery bank. You can say I went green! It rocks. I can run some major loads off the battery for 6-7 hours on a cloudy day, when its sunny I can go over 10 hrs. I also have a 200 amp alt at idle that will do the rest for me. Its dioded protected so I will never drain off the main start battery. I have two power wires going to both sides dioded protected so It wont back feed threw the viper sst brain box.

I got a relay installed to the aux 1 of the viper. So I can turn on and off the inverter from the remote keychain. I then also installed a relay to the high voltage lights so I will never walk out to a dark truck at night. I use aux 2 for that. It will turn on both the inverter and inside/outside lighting relays.

I also hold a E-1 electrical license and I am a wiz at pcb repair. I can basicly trouble shoot any pcb. Thats my hobby along with coding. So wiring isn't much of a problem for me. :) But its nice knowing all the little tricks and tips. I've included a picture of the inverter.

I love to hear diffent idea's if anyone have any please shoot them out.

Thanks again.

Tom

TSR&M

tsremodel 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
No picture lol Let me try this again.
viper sst - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic