icon

no sound from subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
curtislex 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
im running 0 gauge wire so that not a problem. the power wire looks like a water hose lol. im pretty experienced with car audio thats y i dont understand y there is no sound at all coming from them. i tested them on a drill battery and they moved just like they should. i even tried them in a buddys car and no sound in his car either. it doesnt make any sense to me at all. like i said they sounded great in my tahoe but i cant get them to work now for nothing.
ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

curtislex wrote:
i am running a quantum audio 3000watt class d amp to two rockford t1 15s with a pioneer avic-z1 deck. my system worked fine in my tahoe then i traded my tahoe in for a 2000 monte and now i cnat get any sound from my subs. the amp powers on and doesnt go into protect. i used a multimeter to check my power voltage and got a little over 12 volts from the power and my remote was getting 11.5 volts. i guess it was getting 11.5 because i checked with the car turned on but not started. i tried to check my rcas with the multimeter but it wasnt making sense to me. i touched the positive to the prong and the neg to the outer shell and soon as i touched it the volts jumped to .20 but then slowly went down to .03. is this correct or not. also what is the correct procedure for testing the rcas because i have read on many forums many ways of doing it. i know the prong is pos and the shell is neg but when i check them should i check one side of the rca at a time or do i use one side for the pos and the other for the neg?
also everything is the exact same thing that i removed from my tahoe. the amp is only about 2 weeks old i bought it a couple of days before i traded my tahoe in. the only difference is the radio wirng harness. i had to use the gmos-01 metra harness so i could retain my door chimes and all that.

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same problem as far as I can tell. I just installed a new set of Kicker L7 10" 2-ohm (wired like https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp~Q~2~I~22) to a Kicker zx1000.1 amp in my 99 F150 and I have power to the amp and the remote lead but nothing on the other side of the amp to go out to the speakers. I tried with a multi-meter (dc 2000 setting) and I was getting readings at the battery, Fuse 1, Fuse 2, and amp connections but not at speaker connections or RCS tips (pos to prong and neg to shield)

If you got a solution to your problem maybe it might work in my case if not maybe someone else knows what it could be.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

ace_boy2099 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2010 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
ace_boy2099 wrote:
Did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same problem as far as I can tell. I just installed a new set of Kicker L7 10" 2-ohm (wired like https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp~Q~2~I~22) to a Kicker zx1000.1 amp in my 99 F150 and I have power to the amp and the remote lead but nothing on the other side of the amp to go out to the speakers. I tried with a multi-meter (dc 2000 setting) and I was getting readings at the battery, Fuse 1, Fuse 2, and amp connections but not at speaker connections or RCS tips (pos to prong and neg to shield)

If you got a solution to your problem maybe it might work in my case if not maybe someone else knows what it could be.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Never Mind, I got it figured out. Apparently It worked all along I just didn't know how to set the settings and because of that the settings were so low nothing was being produced.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic