icon

is this alarm correct? if it is it sucks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
majorgerman 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
hello i installed my spy remote start alarm in my 2004 ford f150 after 5 long days of breaking my head i finally got it to work , it works like a charm except for the remote starting i think it must be a mistake but im not sure , according to the manual you press the no sound button on the controller for 3 seconds and the engine stars but you have to turn the key to acc on before 30 seconds or it will turn off, it actually does turn off after 30 seconds which sucks because it kills the whole reason of remote starting!! if i have to turn the key whats the point of having the controller might as well just turn the key motor, to me it doesnt make sense could you clarify this thanks
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
You lost me at the first comma. Insert some periods in there. I might be able to help you.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
I've never heard of Spy alarms - that may be your first problem!
Kevin Pierson
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
you are not using a security bypass. try remotestarting the truck with the key just resting in the ignition(not turned to anything) and if everything is wired right it should start and run.  also how do you have the tach wire hooked up and did you program it already because thata is another thing that will make the truck do what it is doing.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic