the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

headunit for ipod

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
The Alpine stuff is first class when it comes to ipod control. Alpine and apple have been in bed together for some time now!
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
true true. but have you personally owned one and got in bed with this deck? it does show the full description: title/artist. trust me its hard to find a song sometimes.
im pretty sure 9886/9887 models will make me happy. but they are $$$.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
I have sold plenty..... with no issues on the ipod, now the bluetooth......different story!
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
imupabove wrote:
how about the deh-p6000ub?
what i dont like about pioneer headunits, the max volume is like 60 right? so you'd have to crank it up to like 40 for it to be loud right?
Who cares what number is shown on the display if everything else is identical? Does 90 dB at 40 sound louder than 90 dB at 60? It's just like that old question; what weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks? The answer is they weigh the same, or in this case they are at the same level. In fact it's kind of an advantage in that you would have more precise control over the volume.
I have an Eclipse head unit in my vehicle and I'm not happy with the Ipod controls. I use an Iphone 3g and every time I connect it it takes a couple minutes to read and I finally get an error message with sound but no controls. Disconnecting and reconnecting fixes the problem though. I'm told they are working on a fix for it but it is annoying.
One thing I do think my Eclipse has over Pioneer is the shuffle controls. I can turn on and off shuffle on my Eclipse with a touch of a button. Pioneer is much more difficult. You can turn it on with a touch of a button, but it automatically defaults to shuffling the entire Ipod. You have to then go back into the folder you were listening to to shuffle just that folder. And to turn it off you have to enter the menu system.
If you choose a deck with Ipod controls through the USB input, make sure your cable will work with it. We brought in Apple branded cables at work to sell that don't work with Pioneer and Clarion players.
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2009 at 1:54 AM / IP Logged  
I have the Alpine 9886 and am somewhat pleased with the ipod control. It has a large text readout but it makes you restart your search each time you choose to look for a song. The pioneer 5100 does not do this. The Pio-6000 is somewhat similar but i'm not a huge fan of motorized face plates, just more stuff to go wrong. Also the 5100 should be considerably cheaper?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic