icon

2002 jeep liberty

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drizzt1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 jeep liberty that the stereo went out in.  I have a pioneer head unit that i am trying to install.  I am trying to hard wire the head unit and am having some problems.  i pulled up the wiring diagram and got pink=constant 12v+ but there are 2 pink wires, black= radio ground but there are 2 black wires, ORANGE / red= ignition switched 12v, and orange= Illumination dimmer.  I hooked these up to the right wires on the stereo putting the 2 pinks together and the 2 grounds together and the stereo still won't work.  I know the stereo is good cuz i just pulled it out of my truck. PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2009 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
why not save yourself the hastle and go to walmart or some stereo shop and get a proper wire harness ?
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
custombass 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Did you cut the factory harness off?
drizzt1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

I was wanting to hard wire it just for the simple fact that a buddy said i couldn't do it lol.  I found out that i can't so i went out and got the wire harness for it. 

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

Looks like the harness is already cut.  What happened with the Factory stereo....did it just quit turning on?  Did you test the wires before you hooked anything up to them...if you did that's a big NO NO.  Go to A/zone and get a DMM for about 5 or 10 bucks and test the wires.  Have you checked your fuses....Do that.  

...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
custombass 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Need to reconnect the factory harness, if you still can..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic