icon

honda hid problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oldsmobile94 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
ok so i have a 1992 honda civic a little hatchback an i went to put my hid's in a few days ago but me an my two friends couldnt get both to work. we tried switching the bulbs with the side that worked fine, both bulbs are fine an we switched the balast with  the side that worked fine an both balast's are fine. i believe it has something to do with the relay sending the power from the relay to the 2nd balast., we didnt hear the 2nd balast buzzing like the 1st one to let us know it was working but when the test light was used we saw that the 2nd balast had power going to it. i got frustrated an let it alone since then cause i didnt wanna get mad an end up breaking them. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. 
tk
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

Are you getting 12 volts for your relay from the battery or the headlight harness?

Use the battery.

oldsmobile94 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2009 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
wow this is weird i went to check the hid's i put them back in the box hooked them up an they worked both of them so i installed them an they still worked. i have no clue what was the problem the 1st time when me an my 2 friends hooked them up. i hooked them up the same way this time an thanks for the help.
tk
necessaryevil 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
make sure your getting the right amperage from the relay, i had the same problem with a '94 prelude, come to find out the female side of the factory control relay had started to corrode and wasent letting enough amp though the connection- hope this helps
time is not wasted when you are wasted all the time
boxhead78 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2009 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
i think you have a prolem with  your connections some where
boxead78

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic