icon

2000 accord 4 door, stereo setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atl-dreadz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Im sort of a newb to car audio.. I had 2 Pioneer Premier TS-w3001D4s (1000 rms 3000 max per speaker) anda 2 channel Sony Xplod amp but I never got to use to subs to their full potential. Unfortunately I had to sell both.. Now I'm in the market again trying to be the loudest guy in Atlanta!! I want to get 2 new 6.5's door speakers 2 6x9, both full range sets and 4 of the Pioneer subs stated above.. I dont know if I should buy a large cap or a new altenator because I want to power all the speakers with amps.. I have a 2000 4 door Honda Accord.. I know yall are saying this dude is ridiculous but I want a great system.. What type of 4 channel amp should I get if the door speakers are 4 ohm 80 rms and the 6x9 are 4 ohm 100 rms..?? And what type of amp to power those 4 subs with 1000 to each speaker..?? And if I decide to get tweeters how will they install within this system.. Suggestions are open and brands are not necessarily an issue but I dont want any junk!!
@(^_^)@
fiberglasslvr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

first of all , yes you would need an alternatort push that much wattage safley and without any hesitation. next for the subs there are a few amps that come to mind that you could run that setup off of but that depends on a few variables. what ohm load you want to run at, and your budjet.  the amps that come to mind are

-rockford fosgate T4001bd

3000 rms x1 at 2ohms, 4000 x1 @ 1ohm

- memphis MOJO  mcd4kw

4000 rms x 1 at 1 ohm

-2 alpine mrp-m2000

2000 rms x 1 at 2ohms

all of these companies have matching 4 ch amps that will fit your needs ,but i would first focus and power supply, wiring , and sound deadning

hope this helps good luck

in process of changing everything
atl-dreadz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I seen on here on the forum that the higher the impedance the less work the amp has to do so most likely 1 ohm.. That Rockford is way pricey as so as the Memphis... I'm most likely gonna use a Power Acoustik  STAX 5500/1D (STAX5500/1D) or Hifonics XXV-COLOSSUS those amps are under $700..  I'm tryin to shop online at Sonic exiand/or OnlineCarStereo instead of local shops due to high prices.. I didnt see the Alpine online.. So if I replace the altenator will I still have to buy a new battery..?? The 6.5's I'm lookin at are the Type R's 100 rms and Type S's 80 rms and the 6x9 are Type R's 100 rms and Pioneer Premier TS-D902P and Pioneer TS-A6993R both 80 rms.. Now I know I will have to use 0 gauge wiring, but how will I hook up both amps with the 0 gauge..?? I will plan on Dynamatting my trunk since thats where all my bass will be comming from highs and mids from the inside speakers..  I guess I will do some Googleing to find a H.O. altenator for a Honda... Anything else I'm forgetting..??
@(^_^)@

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic