icon

xterra, pathfinder 2nd starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pcr-63 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

I know some of the new xterras and pathfinders( 05 and newer) have the ignition wires in the driver kick panel except the 2nd starter.  If you didnt know, its good info to have.

But when I would do a r/s I would run the thin purple from my dei r/s and wire up a relay at the key switch,  to fire up the 2nd starter.  I was talking to another installer at my company and he said that you dont have to fire up the 2nd starter in these trucks when the wires are in the kick, that when you fire up the first starter in the kick it bypasses the circuit for the 2nd starter.  Is that true he didnt really have a expelation why it does that, he just said he never had any come back.  I have never not fired up the second starter in a nissan and it would make these trucks alot easier for all of us. 

I was wondering if anybody heard that before

Thanks

kondziolka 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

It has been my experience that the second starter wire in nissans is for cold start situations. So although it may work to only power up one of the wires, its possible that when the remote start system is used in a cold weather, it may not work. Nissan put that circut there for a purpose.

Hope this helps.

Where ever there is a problem there is opportunity.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2009 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  
All I know is power up whatever you see in ign, acc, and starter spots and you are good to go. Never failed me yet.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
pcr-63 wrote:

I was talking to another installer at my company and he said that you dont have to fire up the 2nd starter in these trucks when the wires are in the kick, that when you fire up the first starter in the kick it bypasses the circuit for the 2nd starter. 

He is wrong! And lucky!

pcr-63 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
Ya I said it might not start in the winter, that is what the second starter is for, just as you said kondziolka, he said he has been doing it like that for a while, and has had no combacks, I will continue to fire up the second stater the way I have all way done, I just wanted to know what everybody thought was on this.
thanks
fcss 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ya the wires are in the kick, but just because the 2nd starter is not there, is not a reason not to fire it up, nissan put that wire there for a reason. If the wires werent in the kick he would fire all the wires normally, so it takes 5 minutes to wire up a relay I would just do it.
Just because cars dont come back doesnt mean thats the correct way of doing things.
It would be great if it did bypass it, those trucks would be a cake walk but I have never heard that before. Until some here or he a real reason to prove his theory. I would do things the way you have been doing them.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic