icon

95 bronco no start w/ key no fuel press

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lexelite 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
1995 Ford Bronco w/ keyless entry (No PATS or transponder)
Installed Viper 160XVL remote start unit per wiring diagram for this application. Connected factory disarm wire.
After install, cranks but will not start with key or with remote start.
Verified no fuel pressure on fuel rails even though fuel pump primes for 2-3 seconds on ON.
So obviously this vehicle will not run at all, so this is very frustrating.
Suggestions?
This is what I checked:
1) Fuses with a multimeter
2) Loose or forgotten connectors
3) Fuel cutoff switch (inertia switch)
4) Locking and unlocking driver side door to reset factory antitheft
5) Using keyless fob to unlock and lock door to reset factory antitheft
6) Completely disconnected alarm unit and still will not start with key
7) Reconnected starter wires for remote start harness (still no start)
I am running out of ideas here to get his truck back running..
Please chime in with any thoughts
mgd man 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
have you checked the fuel filter? could be as simple as that, or it could be as much as clogged fuel pump. have you checked the fuel lines from the tank to the fuel rail?try to disconnect the fuel line by the tank, see if there is pressure there. of course be careful when doing that. i had that happen once before on a camaro iroc that i owned so i feel your pain. good luck.
Glass'n 20,000sq ft can be interesting, but it's just another day.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

I do not know if they have this feature on the Bronco, but they did have an emergency fuel shut off solenoid on Mustangs and Lincoln vehicles of that same era.  It was designed to trip if it saw an impact of some sort.  I learned the hard way that the battery cable rapidly making and breaking the connection at the battery will also trip this solenoid.  Go to a Ford forum and search for fuel shut off.  I know that the button is located near the left trunk hinge on the Town Car.  Sorry, I have no idea where it is or if there is one on your Bronco.

It is called an Inertia switch.  I find many results searching for bronco or f-150 inertia switch.  But I can not find a location for you.  I just read your post and noticed that you said the fuel pump runs at power up.  I have no idea what the inertia switch controls.  This may or may not be your problem.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070805195204AAkVUNg

racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

I do not know if they have this feature on the Bronco, but they did have an emergency fuel shut off solenoid on Mustangs and Lincoln vehicles of that same era.  It was designed to trip if it saw an impact of some sort.  I learned the hard way that the battery cable rapidly making and breaking the connection at the battery will also trip this solenoid.  Go to a Ford forum and search for fuel shut off.  I know that the button is located near the left trunk hinge on the Town Car.  Sorry, I have no idea where it is or if there is one on your Bronco.

It is called an Inertia switch.  I find many results searching for bronco or f-150 inertia switch.  But I can not find a location for you.  I just read your post and noticed that you said the fuel pump runs at power up.  I have no idea what the inertia switch controls.  This may or may not be your problem.

I agree.

It happened to me once, I'm not sure if it was a Cronw Victoria. Plugged in something in the kick panel. Slammed it back in place and by tapping on the kick to snap it I unvolotarely tripped the inertia switch. 3 hours later we finally found it was that. Damned!

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
lexelite 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

Yes, i did say in my original posting #3 that I checked the fuel cutoff switch (inertia switch).
I think I will have to measure the voltage to the intertia switch and fuel pump to make sure they are getting a signal.
I doubt it will be a clogged fuel filter b/c what are the odds that it will clog exactly after the alarm was installed?
I will also check the fuel pump relay- they are know to go and is the most likely candidate at this point.
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
as odd as it may sound but did you check to make sure there is fuel in the tank, regardless of what the gauge says

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic