icon

2009 Chevrolet Silverado Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
abe, 07 new body style im assuming? they made the new style and the classic style that year, but new style has no starter wire, if your remote start has the correct ign timing( acc before ign, then acc drop whle ign stays vehicle will crank) you can use a blank circle plus key ina box and just use ign, acc, that mux wire is not needed! i have never used that circuit and there is no problem and i do a few hundred new chevys a year as i service 3 chevy dealers, if your remote start doesnt have the correct sequence with ign/acc, there is a way to trick the vehicle with 2 relays, again that 2nd starter?acc line thru resistors is not needed
abescustoms 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
well im lost here it is a new body style im using after market alarm and a directed interface every thing seems to work expext starter i went to a buddys shop and on their system says to use 9.6k ohms on the pink/black wire for crank but the alarm goes off ( factory alarm ) now im stuck
abescustoms 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

okay got it done

the crank wire is a pink with black stripe which is also the acc, wire

use ohm resistor at 9.6k ohms for start

and 6.3k ohms for second accesory

i used the dlkp from directed for all other door pins,and locks

jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
your remote start must not have had the timing sequence right as i do at least 2 new chevys a day and i have NEVER used the resistors on that wire but new audiovox have the proper timing(acc first, then ign then acc drop causes car to crank) car can be fooled with 2 relays as i have had to do that with an older audiovox product
01ws6/tamu 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone clarify please on the ignition and accessory wiring hookups.

Do you tie 12v straight in from the alarm relays to the ign and accessory wiring for remote start to function.

Or does the alarm ignition outputs have to go through the resistors before tying into the ignition switch wiring.

Thanks again

jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 6:20 AM / IP Logged  
depends on weather your remote starter has the proper timing sequence which you really wont know till you try to install it,and depends on how your interfacing with the circle plus transponder system( if your using a key in the box then yes but if your using a data module i.e. idatalink, or fortin or express kit then you must follow their install guides to a t.) the vehicles( all new gm's) must see acc, then ign, then acc drop while ign stays that signals the bcm that the key has been turned to crank so the bcm sends a crank signal to the starter motor, i do 10 or more new gm cars/trucks a week and i have NEVER had to hook up to the 2nd start/acc wire with resisitors,just power at the back of the fusebox,pink ign and brown acc( make sure to test as there are more than one of each of these colors in ign switch harness
01ws6/tamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2010 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a clifford 590.2 and using the dei 1701G databus interface module.
Do the DEI alarms have the correct sequence to avoid using resistors.
Providing the sequence is correct resistors are not used and the 12 wires from the autostart relay pack are then directly spliced onto the ignition and accessory at the ignition switch. Is this correct?
This is my first entry into the gmt-900 silverado sierra platform but definitely not my first alarm install.
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2011 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
the d.e.i. stuff i have installed for a friends shop ( avital,viper) do, so yes just ign 1 to pink ign, acc to rown acc at ign switch, 12volts to the RED / blk(heavy) at back of fuse box, neg pklights at switch, i just program a spare blank circle plus key and put it in a universla, im not familoiar with 1701g, that may be whats requiring the resistors,
01ws6/tamu 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a bunch appreciate it.
robbyd 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  

i have a 2010 sierra, basic work truck, just trying to do a remote start on it, heres what i have at the ignition switch, im confused on what my starter manual is telling me compared to what i read on this board on which wires are what, but what i list below is what i have tested and the words in parentheis is what im assuming to be right, please correct me if im wrong.  Im also using a MUX bypass (xpresskit) with this.

Please bare with me on this as this is my first attempt at this stuff and i appreciate all the help i can get.

pin one  -  Empty

pin two(ignition)  - PINK   0v Off, 0v Accessory position, 12v ON position, 15v start

pin three(accessory) - BROWN  0v off, 12v accessory position, 12v on position, 15v start

pin four(constant) -  RED / WHITE  12v off position, 12v acc position, 12v on position, 15v start

pin five(starter) -  PINK/BLACK  12v off position, 0v acc position, 4v on position, 4v start

pin six(5VOLT REF)  - WHITE   5v off position, 5v acc position, 4v on position, 4v start

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic