icon

power filter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pcr-63 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
im working on a 03 navigator, the car had a drop down screen already installed it was a eiger vision I installed a PYLE visor screen that he supplied. I tied into the acc and ground for the drop down that was already there, now when the key is in acc the visor screen is fine but when I start the car there is like a ripple in the movie going across the screen but not in the drop down, will a in-line power filter fix that? I tried moving the acc to a different key hot same thing I tried using a relay on the acc and moving the ground. The strange thing was when I moved the ground for the visor the screen never turned off even wit the ground off. again will a power filter fix the ripple
sorry so long
Thanks
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

try adding a diode and capacitor to the positive supply line going to the screen like the diagram below.

power filter - Last Post -- posted image.

pcr-63 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2009 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

I dont thinks its coming from the power, I went straight to the battery and used a power filter and the ripple is still there. when I disconnect the ground the visor tv stays on, but with that done if the unplug the yellow rca from the 2 screens its then shuts down,  and at that point i re-connec the ground wire it comes back on.  I think something is feeding through the rca.  Is there a filter for that or do u think I need a video amp.

thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic