2003 accord factory disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
knightrider2000 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ok guys quick question
2003 accord, coupe. The factory disarm wire in drivers door (White wire(-) at module.) If that wire is pulsed, do the doors unlock as well?
reason for asking, is i am looking at installing a code alarm ca440tw. the single button remote, that will start the car, and unlock door.. The unit seems to only have one wire for factory disarm (yellow/black), but, it says that wire can also act as a unlock wire. when remote is pressed for 3 seconds.. has me kind of confused, I can see how it would work if that factory disarm wire unlocks the doors as well when pulsed.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  

While normally the notes would say that pulsing disarm also unlocks the doors...I just looked and it doesnt...And i dont remember from working on them...Been awhile...A whole different state even...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
phant9969 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
No it won't unlock it. Just disarm. you can get the locks in the Kick.
knightrider2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
That's what i was afraid of..
I tried calling there tech support today, but was given to someone's voice mail who did not return my call.. Guess i will try again tomorrow.
this wouldn't be a issue if Honda remotes worked when the engine was working. LOL
thanks guys,
i will let you know if i get anywhere with code alarm tech support.
If i wanted to check that white wire in the door to see if it would unlock when its pulsed, can i just ground that wire out? or do i need something special, this is just to test and see if it would work or not.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 27, 2009 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  

You should be able to diode isolate the disarm output and take it to the oem disarm and the unlock wire.  This could create some issues as the car will unlock every time you remote start it.  If it has a "factory alarm rearm" you could possibly use that to lock the doors back, and then use the 3 second pulse to unlock the cars so you can drive off.

Or you could buy a system that has the ability to control the two signals independently of each other!

Kevin Pierson
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
I've installed a bunch of the Audiovox units that are identical to that Code piece.
Here's what you do:
(I assume you're doing this without a doorlock module. A module would cost some decent money, but you wouldn't have to run wires into the door, and you wouldn't lose your valet key.)
Anyway....
That wire you have from the Code unit, the one that does factory disarm and unlock......you split that with two diodes.
The wire from one diode goes to the white disarm wire at the power window switch. (Test this wire for ground while turning the key in the driver's door."
The wire from the other diode goes to the pink/blue unlock wire at the driver's fuse box. (Test this wire for ground while operating the PASSENGER'S unlock switch on the door panel.)
NOTE: You'll probably have to go into the Code's programming and set the unit for double-pulse unlock. Or it might work fine with single pulse.
Now, you take the next wire in that plug from the Code unit, "pulse after start" or whatever they call it, that goes to the pink/black lock wire in the driver's fuse box. (Test this wire for ground while operating the PASSENGER'S doorlock switch on the door panel.)
HOW IT WORKS:
When you go to remote start, the "pulse before start" wire disarms, unlocks, and then the car starts.
After it starts, the "pulse after start" wire relocks the doors.
When you approach the car to get in, push and hold the button on the remote, and after you wait for what seems like forever, the car unlocks and you can get in.
COMMENT: You'll probably say that it's stupid that the car has to unlock and restart every time you remote start. I totally agree, but that is the way this unit works.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like Chris Luongo saves the day again. Keep up the good work. I admire your talent.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
knightrider2000 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2009 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the delay,
a couple questions.
#1 What type diodes should i purchase, anything special,sizes,
Not to familiar with them, i know how they work, and all that, just don't know if they are sized like resistors, etc,
#2, when i press and hold that button for 3 seconds, will the car remain started, or will it shut its self down?
I dug into the door this weekend and found the white wire, for factory disarm, and pulled it over into the drivers foot well so that parts is done..
Just a thought???
There is another wire.. it is a, blue/black that states: This wire provides a 300mA ground output that becomes active 3 seconds before the Remote Start system
initializes, and remains grounded while running plus an additional 4 seconds after the Remote Start system
turns off.
could it be used for factory disarm? or would it be bad to have the factory disarm wire energized the whole time the car is under remote start.
I was planning using this wire to run the key immobilizer box from directed that is already installed in the car. Could it run both?
Thanks!
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2009 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
knightrider2000,
To your question 1: Radio Shack should have some diodes that will work for what you need. The smallest ones, probably rated at 1 amp, are acceptable, since these wires will conduct negligible current(and there aren't any other specs you need to worry about).
2: My best guess would be that it won't shut the car down - I know Audiovox systems I've done use the same button for trunk release and remote start, without interference.
The blue/black probably would work disarm, but there's really no point since you've got another wire specifically designed for that purpose - and you'd have to use extra diodes to keep the bypass activation separate from the factory disarm wire.
Also I agree with other comments in re: how stupid Honda alarms operate when you're trying to control them with an aftermarket piece. Basically, the factory alarm will disarm in 2 ways: when the factory remote's unlock button is pressed, or when the driver's door key switch is turned to "unlock" (which grounds the white disarm wire) and the door lock moves to the "unlocked" position. Retarded to me, but apparently Honda engineers think their customers really like it that way.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic