icon

2001 mustang gt sub box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fyerbyrd22 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2009 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
ive got a 2001 mustang gt with 2 10" kickers in the trunk...i had a custom box made for the cvx's, custom for the car and the kickers...its a dual chambered BIG sealed box...1.42cu per chamber...im gettin rid of the kickers and puttin in 2 10" hcca...the guy from orion told me that 1.42 per chamber is way too big...i want to change my box from sealed to a ported but im not great in math so i need help with this...the box is 36" Wide (18" per chamber) X 11 3/4" High X 16" Depth and i used 3/4 mdf...i no i hav to change my baffle board to 1" as well...i CANNOT change my height of the box due to the complications of gettin it in the trunk...if anyone knows how to help or can give me advice, please advice...thx
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
There's a trick to installing larger boxes in Mustangs but it becomes a nuisance.  If you remove your spare tire you can get a slightly larger box to fit.  Once the box is in, tilt it back and work your spare back in.  It makes for a snug fit if you don't mind the extra work.
Do it right the first time
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
fyerbyrd22 wrote:
ive got a 2001 mustang gt with 2 10" kickers in the trunk...i had a custom box made for the cvx's, custom for the car and the kickers...its a dual chambered BIG sealed box...1.42cu per chamber...im gettin rid of the kickers and puttin in 2 10" hcca...the guy from orion told me that 1.42 per chamber is way too big...i want to change my box from sealed to a ported but im not great in math so i need help with this...the box is 36" Wide (18" per chamber) X 11 3/4" High X 16" Depth and i used 3/4 mdf...i no i hav to change my baffle board to 1" as well...i CANNOT change my height of the box due to the complications of gettin it in the trunk...if anyone knows how to help or can give me advice, please advice...thx
What is the question?
whiterob 
Copper - Posts: 351
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2009 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
Use this link to calculate internal volume if you wanted to make an new enclosure.
You could make it 36" wide x 11.75" tall x 11.25" deep. That would give you Orions recommended enclosure size. It would be made out of 3/4" MDF with a 1" front baffle. I would suggest using a double baffle instead with 3/4" which will give you a 1.5" thickness. It will be cheaper then 1" MDF and stronger as well.
fyerbyrd22 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2009 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
how would i do the math to add 3" ports in each chamber and hav about 1.2cu per chamber??...if it would b to complicated to cut the box and add the ports, ill have to make it sealed i guess...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic