icon

step by step mid bass project w/ pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
step by step mid bass project w/ pics - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Heres the back of the kick panel with the baffle and the sphere hot glued and ready for install!!!
Here is the first step of marbilizing or painting anything,sand ,sand and sand some more!! I used a grey scotch brite to scuff these up.
The next most important thing to painting anything is cleanliness,wax and grease remover work well for this!!
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Heres my first color,it is house of kolor snow white pearl,this will make the tangelo brighter.I applied 3 coats of this about 7 minutes apart in medium coats.
Here is my second color this is house of kolor tangelo pearl orange.I applied this the same way as the snow white pearl.I love this color!!!
Now for the marbilizing trick, get some saran wrap a little bigger than the length of the object you intend to marbilize
crumble the saran wrap up in a ball and roll it around in the palm of your hand for a while
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
unroll the saran wrap and lay it flat ,I usually have another person hole it so it doesnt get dirt on it , you will need a fresh piece of saran wrap for each piece you want to marbilize.step by step mid bass project w/ pics - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Now for this step I had to move fast.First I sprayed a wet coat of slate grey on top of the orange ,I let it setup for about 15 seconds then I stretched the saran wrap over it and made sure I covered the entire piece with it.Tip:if you have air pockets,dont panic just blow on the saran wrap and in will stick to the paint.I left the saran wrap on the grill for about 20 seconds or so then I pulled it off in one motion (if you stop pulling it will show).
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
This is what the it looks like
I didnt like how the mesh part of the grill turned out so i hand painted it slate grey
Heres the finshed product with 2 coats of clear applied,ready for install
Heres the completed install of the qlogic kick panels that house the dayton rs 150's they are bandpassed @600hz/hp-4000hz/lp and the jl audio crt050 tweeters wich cover the 4000hz and up frequencies. All the crossovers are inline crossovers and were alot easier to hide than a huge passive crossover.This set up sounds very good to me and people who hear it say that its one of the cleanest sounding systems they have heard. Thanks again dyohn for all the advice and system how to , also haemphyst and I am an idiot for advice and tips. By the way these all run off a kenwood kdc 500X4 if you wanted to know.
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
blackcivichatch wrote:
how much was that spray on stuff??
Is it comparable to the matt?
It was like 18.00 a can and in my opinion I would use on inner door skins over mat because of ease of use,but i would bet that mat would have a better effect because of its properties ,however the spray did reduce exterior noise dramatically.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Nice work and nicely documented.  I look forward to pics of the finished product and how you think it sounds.  Those Peerless SLS woofers are pretty nice, eh?
Support the12volt.com
spmpdr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Nice work and nicely documented.  I look forward to pics of the finished product and how you think it sounds.  Those Peerless SLS woofers are pretty nice, eh?

Thanks,completed pics coming soon,Those sls 's are super nice sounding and my setup sounds great now ,I am thinking of changing my amp(kenwood6404500x4) out for a jl audio 300.4 now though because of true and clean rms power .

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic