icon

amp wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keep_hope_alive 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
i agree, a "cheater" amp is probably your best bet. i don't think that one 1000/1 would be enough for you (though it would still do a decent job).
your difficulty is that you have a 1 ohm load, and many cheater amps do well at 0.5 ohm
Electrons behave like waves on monday, wednesday, and friday, like particles on tuesday, thursday, and saturday, and like nothing at all on sunday.
boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

I had 2 VLX-400's back in 98' pushing 6 jl w6 18's they are monster amps....Ihad 2 us 425's for mids and highs....1000 watts rms 501-1000 watt class......In a 1996 nissan sentra 2 door.

j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
keep_hope_alive wrote:
i agree, a "cheater" amp is probably your best bet. i don't think that one 1000/1 would be enough for you (though it would still do a decent job).
your difficulty is that you have a 1 ohm load, and many cheater amps do well at 0.5 ohm
Thats why I suggest the VLX-400 measured at 12.6volts 2400rms @1ohm bridged. If you got a really good charging system and can keep the volts up the you would get even more power out of it. Which is why i loved these amps so much.
Usaci even to this day goes by the manufactures rating at 4ohms. Granted they have disallowed this type of amplifier. They made these just for competetors and tried to give the competitor using there amp the highest chance of success. They gave you SOOO much more than what the paper said. Cant really say that these days. Thats why i miss the good old day.
amp wiring - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic