icon

2006 gmc sierra keyless entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
salden77 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
ye that should work in theory if the wires for the door locks go to the male side of of the bcm were the lt blue harness plugs into, i should be able to ring the wires between fuse block and the male side of b5 and b10 out if i can find them in the fuse panel i think.
salden77
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
why don't you just get   int sl  by crimmestopper  it will do everything for you  power locks  parking lights door triger and more is very easy to use and is not to expensive  and save you lots of time
salden77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
i bought an XK01 already, shouldnt that work the same way?
salden77
salden77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
with the correct firmware on the xk01 i should just have to make connections between aftermarket keyless entry alarm brain and the xk01 for the door locks right?
salden77
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
salden77,
As far as I understand the differences within the '03-'06 GM fullsize trucks - what matters is whether or not the truck has power windows as well as power locks. I didn't see that mentioned in this thread so I'll elaborate.
First, to my knowledge, the BCMs are the same on all '03-'06(and '07 Classic) GM full-size trucks, with one difference: the purple plug on the back doesn't have any header pins on regular cab and extended cab pickups and it does on crew cab pickups. Therefore it may be possible to add pins to the wiring harness to control doorlocks, should that be necessary.
Trucks with power locks, no power windows: the lock and unlock should be available at the BCM, lt. blue (-), pin B5, and white (-), pin B10, respectively, in the lt. blue plug .
Also on trucks without power windows, the doors should be gray/blk (L), BLACK/ wht (R) in the lt. blue plug at the BCM, pins B4 and A5.
I'm pretty sure the XK01 will control the locks on these via data, however I don't know if it will supply door open status.
If the truck's got power windows, it will also have driver's and passenger's door modules, and the door switch wires only go to them and go to the interior via the class II data line. On these trucks the XK01 is highly useful.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic