icon

strategic sound deadening

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
comfy_shoes 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

hello. I would like to sound deaden my trunk as my trunk lid and tail light and bumper section resonate terribly. however I feel that covering every square inch of the trunk may be benificial is this overkill? a car audio salesman recommended that I place small sections throughout the trunk instead of covering the entire trunk. and can anyone recommend an affordable product /dealer in southwestern ontario(canada) if not I am aware of products from bquiet.com to be of excellent quality and value. I may go that route. I also drive a 1997 accord exr ....(ex in america)....

as well I should mention I have an infinity 12" reference 1260w sub.... I am crossing it over at 160 althow I am aware that most recommend 100 or lower....however I have found the response and sq to be great at that crossover frequency. and recommendations in fireing direction or trunk position for a high crossover 12" sub????? if it was at 100 or lower I would assume it wouldn't matter. since it is at 160 will there be more of a critical issue mith noticable midbass? it is in a sealed encloser and the infinity specs say it's ok up to 400 crossover point.thanks

boogeyman 
Silver - Posts: 359
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2009 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
 Talk to Ant at second skin......1-800-679-8511........if im not mistaking he says 25 percent coverage is adequote....
comfy_shoes 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
hi there. are there any good web sites that offer information,tips and advice on sound deadening? any advice would be very appreciated. thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

There is no such thing as too much.

http://hushmat.com/

necessaryevil 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
cover every inch except the back deck(the divider between the trunk and the passenger compartment) here check theses guys out http://www.dynamat.com/
time is not wasted when you are wasted all the time

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic