icon

05 expedition heater

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chungo 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I have a 05 expedition, last summer the ac stopped cooling, I noticed that there is a leek at the compressor. I know that there is no freon and no oil in the compressor but it still turns on. Now I want to use the heater and i would like to know if the compressor turns on when you use the heater. I would also like to know how much it cost to fix the leek or replace the compressor on the truck.
thank you
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
The compressor is not needed for the heater.  If the compressor has no oil or freon, there are safety switches that should prevent it from coming on.  The compressor that is.  The AC compressor will help with defrosting the windshield, and keep the shield from fogging up if it is run with the heater.  Most foreign cars allow you to control the AC compressor manually, no  matter what setting the main control is on.  I do not know if Ford allows such control yet. 
chungo 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
thank you for your answer, i think youre right, the ac light comes on when I turn it to the cool side but it stays off when i turn on the heater. My car has to knobs one for cold/hot and the other for the vents, its not the digital one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic