icon

scytek’s scynet network interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the05bluredline 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just got my scytek’s scynet network interface and it didn't come with a CD so i downloaded the program from the Scytek website and nothing is working. When i start the sofware it says "couldn't start com". What does this mean? I dont see a software download for the pocket pc version anywhere. And scytek is no help at all i have called between there business hours 6 times and no body answers it just tells me there business hours. I have sent them about 10 emails and no response at all. I am filling a complaint with the BBB for there poor customer service and a complaint with the Consumer reporting agency. In the mean time does anyone know what might be wrong with the com error?
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  
Been a while since I used it. If your using serial connection you will need to assign a com port to the connection on your pc. The software might also give you the option of changing com port. I'm not near my pc I'll check my scytek wizzard software later to see if I can give you better instructions.
I'd try the scytek software first see if there is anything on the menus to change he com ports. And try on each of the the coms. If this fails. Try confirm the com port it should be on your pc
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
There is a symbol in wizzard with 3 serial ports and a ? Mark. This let's you select com port
Darren Power
the05bluredline 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah i selected the com port. it was the first thing i did when i opened the software and it still doesn't work. I am wondering what the five pine plug is on the little black box though. i know the 3 pin plugs into the alarm but what is the five pin plug. and where can i find the pocket pc software? thanks for the help
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
You have a pm
Darren Power
the05bluredline 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
Ok well i have to retract my previous statement. I just got off the phone with a guy from scytek and he walked me through the whole thing and we got it up a running. He seemed very knowledgeable and i didn't have to wait very long to talk to him. I am kind of wondering if the guy i bought this alarm from ripped me off though. I bought it as a Scytek visiongaurd 8000m for a manual trans and it comes up on the software as a Visiongaurd 6000 with no option for manual trans. so now i have to buy a 689m module which is going to cost me even more money.
But I figured i would list the procedure for anyone else having this problem.
After downloading the C-net Software from Scytek.net follow the procedure below to install the necessary driver for the scytek’s scynet network interface. (NOTE: you must have the network interface plugged in with the supplied USB cable.)   
1) go to your start menu and click on "control panel"
2) click "classic view"
3) click "system"
4) click "hardware Tab"
5) click "device Manager"
6) scroll down and find the Yellow question mark that reads "RS-232 Emulation Demo" and double click.
7) click "reinstall driver"
8) select "install from list or specific location" and click next.
9) check the box that says "include this location in search" and click browse
10) scroll down and click the "Scytek" folder, then the "scytek wizard" folder, then the "inf" folder, then the "win2k_winxp" folder and click "ok"
11) then click "next" and it should install the necessary driver. before you exit the window look for the com port that its installed in and make sure you select that port when you start the "scytek wizard" software.
Oh and for people looking for the pocket pc version they no longer offer it.
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
I do not know much about scytek's remote starts, so I am asking this for my knowledge. What does scynet do for the installer?
the05bluredline 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
TooDark wrote:
I do not know much about scytek's remote starts, so I am asking this for my knowledge. What does scynet do for the installer?
Well ease of installation is the biggest thing. Scytek and Galaxy(which is a product of scytek) are the only car security systems that i have seen that offer the module programming software which is SOOOOOO much easier to program the alarm, remote start functions, add remotes and optional accessories, etc. + I have yet to see a another Alarm offer the security of a camera or a True color LCD remote.
nin82 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Hi!. I have been doing some reasearch on the same alarm you have, and i have seen nothing but bad comments about scytek and this alarm version.I i was wondering how has it worked for you!? 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic