< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BobyYoo 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  
yeah post your prostart model number.
you must have a very old model
because all the latest model have a 2nd ignition wire
if not, i suggest using the ground out when running wire (Should be the white wire of your prostart brain) to a relay
pete_302 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well i got this remote start on a clearance special. It doesn't have the second ignition /starter wire and is an older model.
Model is CT-3160M
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Or this existing: ign feed from r/s, branch to 86, 12v+ constant fused at 30amps to 30, ground to 85 and 87 to second ignition. That's the correct relay wiring to ISO standard and how the car manufacturer will wire it.
85 coil neg
86 coil pos
30 common or input
87a NC
87 no
I'm not being anal but if you play it the first 2 posters way with the car's relays you're going to land yourself with some expensive problems.
What expensive problem would that be?
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
pete_302 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
Practically complete. After working on this car a few hours here and there this car can now be 'remotely started'. what to do with 2nd ignition wire? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Wire diagram errors I ran into:
1. Brake switch wire. It is not the red white wire as listed in numerous diagrams but the green white wire. This can be tested on your car by putting one end of a multimeter to a ground (chassis) and the other end to the brake wire of interest. Test RED / white and GREEN / WHITE and the other wires at the brake switch if you wish. Match up the wire with the one that matches the voltage required by the remote start module.
2. Tach wire. located the blue wire from the ECM and it had way to low of voltage for this Prostart I installed. Maybe with some manual tach adjust on the module I could have used it. I instead decided to go with a wire off the fuel injector. This wire only required automatic tach adjustment.
Lack of parking lights
Throughout doing the programming the parking lights never flashed stayed on or did any thing to help with programming. Instead I hooked up a multimeter, one end to the chassis, other end to parking light pin on RS module. This displayed when the parking lights should have been flashing. The multimeter did not give a quick enough of a response to distinguish between 3 and 4 flashes. It did indicate when they where on though. I was also able to here the RS start relays clicking to activate the lights.
Any idea on why the parking lights never lit up? bulbs burnt out? I checked every fuse with a multimeter, none indicated an open circuit. What should the parking lights look like, white, yellow, middle of grill, fender side of headlight assembly? The car does have white lights lit when running, parking brake disengaged. And headlights when turned on with switch.what to do with 2nd ignition wire? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic