icon

clifford matrix 50.7x with dlpkgm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
osu411yamaha 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
Last winter I installed a clifford matrix 50.7x alarm/remote start using a DLPKGM bypass on my 2000 STS.  After much stress and wasted time I finally realized that they it was factory set into manual transmission mode and had to go to best buy and have them use a bitwriter to put it in automatic transmission mode for it to remote start using a bitwriter.  Everything worked correctly all year, but my dash would always give me service abs and traction control messages when I remote started.  No big deal really but I noticed that the new update of the DLPKGM to version 2.0 was supposed to fix this issue.  I drove to the local install shop and had them update it since I had no usb bootloader.  I plugged it back in, but didnt reprogram it to the car at the time.  The abs and traction messages still came up on my dash when I remote started.  I recently tried reprogamming it to the car by unplugging it and going the program cycle again.  Now my door locks no longer work and the ignition will turn on upon remote start but it wont start.  I noticed that in the original DLPKGM manual a tach wire and door trigger wire werent required when using d2d, but in the new addendum for version 2.0 on the website these wires are required.  Does anyone know if this could be causing my issues.  Also I have lost my manual for the 50.7x so could someone give me a link to an online version?  Your help is much appreciated. 
osu411yamaha
osu411yamaha 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Well I hooked up the door trigger and tach wires from the dlpkgm to the 50.7x.  Also I found the install manual online.  Still the same problem.  It appears that anything that the bypass is responsible for on this vehicle(starting, door locks, trunk) it wont do.  Somehow either the update either screwed it up or it is not reprogramming correctly.  Someone tell me if I am programming it correctly.  I unplug everything from the dlpkgm.  Hold the programming button. Plug in the d2d harness. Plug in the other harness.  Turn key to ignition on position.  Start car. Release programming button.  Any help would be appreciated.

osu411yamaha
osu411yamaha 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Also I just tried remote starting it by placing the transponder key near the ignition.  It remote started just fine so it has to be something to do with the dlpkgm.  Either I am not programming it correctly or they messed it up when they updated it.  Someone please help....
osu411yamaha
osu411yamaha 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I was programming it incorrectly.  I forgot I needed to press the lock button while programming so data from the 50.7x could be seen by the dlpkgm.  I got it reprogrammed and am back to square one.  Everything is working correctly that should be except when I remote start I get a service theft system warning and a traction control light.  If I put the key in the traction control light stays on, but if I turn it off and back on again with the key it goes off.  Which means if I dont do this I dont have traction control.  Does anyone know what would cause this on a 2000 Cadillac STS.  I am thinking either there is still an issue with the software of the dlpkgm or I am missing an ignition wire.  I have two ignition wires hooked up which is what was called for, but I have also saw some installation diagrams for this car that mention a third ignition wire.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
osu411yamaha
osu411yamaha 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
Bump.  Help someone.  Anyone....
osu411yamaha
osu411yamaha 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

No response from anyone?

osu411yamaha
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
did you solder the purple wire on the DLPKGM? Cut the wires directly next to the black wire on the D2D harness and make all of your connections W2W. This will leave you with either of the two harness layouts: Blue/CUT/BLACK/ CUT OR RED / CUT/BLACK/ CUT.
Remember to follow the W2W diagram now that you've cut those two wires, this should get you going. Reset the module and reprogram.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
desertwheeler 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
Can you please elaborate on this? I am trying to install this setup on a 2004 Chevy 2500 Diesel, and i need to figure out what wires i DONT need to hook up.
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic