icon

factory remote starter on cobalt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jperepeletza 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hello i just recently bought a 2005 chevrolet cobalt and the remote starter worked just fine until yesterday. I Changed the batteries and all that happens when i hit the remote start is the lights blink 3 times and thats all. All the information i can get is that its FM tw110 is all it says on the reciever. Im Just wondering if anyone has any information on how to repair?
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

Number one gm remotes are overpriced junk .

So you solution is probably to buy another overpriced gm junk remote,or put in a good aftermarket.

jperepeletza 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
yea i know but i just got it and just wanted to make it work for now but i will probaly buy another one soon if i cant fix this one.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure it's a GM factory R/S? 

Three slow flashes of the parking lights on a Ultra Start mean it's in "Service Mode" (aka valet mode)....

The car is responding to the remote start command ( by flashing the parking lights ).

Soldering is fun!
jperepeletza 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
well im not for sure on it but it does not say any name or anything on the keyfob. how do you take it off valet mode if it is a ultrastart
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  
I think it was 07 before factory remote start was available on that vehicle.  Do not hold me to that, but I do not think it was an option in 05
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  

Most Ultra Starts are similar in regards to Service Mode.  If you have an Ultra Start unit, there should be an antenna stuck on the inside of the windshield, usually centered by the rear view mirror.  The antenna  has two red or blue LEDs and a button.  Turn the key to ON but don't start the car.  Press and hold the antenna button for 15 seconds ( depending on the model & programing it could be 5, 10 or 15 seconds).  If the horn is attached or its an alarm model, it will beep/chirp twice.

Here is a link to the Owners Guide for the 1270 system:   http://www.ultrastarters.com/Feature_Sheets/U1270/MAN-X2XX-OWNERS-U-2006-03.pdf

It has pictures of different style Ultra Start remotes and the antenna, along with Service Mode instructions.

Good luck.

Soldering is fun!
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

jperepeletza wrote:
All the information i can get is that its FM tw110 is all it says on the reciever.

From that I believe the following manual may apply to your rs. If so, read the instructions on entering & exiting valet mode in the manual

http://www.engines911.com/asdocs/CT-3400TW_ug_en_h300s320v250_040908.pdf

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic