icon

in need of sub woofer specs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frankie84 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

i recently purchesed these 10 in subs from a pawn shop.  got a great deal i got all four of them for $100.  i have no idea what the spects are for these subs and cant seem to find anything on the internet ond i'm trying to build a custom box.  i need to figure out the displacement of the sub and the required air space for sealed and ported enclosure for the sub.  if anyone can find the owners manual or and documentation on these sub i would greatly appreciate it, i am new to this site...thank you all very much. the type of subs i have are: ultra liner modle num ul1095p thanks again.

frankie
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
I do not think you will be able to find any usefull info on those speakers.  What exactly are you waning to find out about them?
frankie84 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
i want to find out how much space they require so i can make a custom box for them i mean i figure that a cube and a half would be a good amount for a ported box but i just like to be sure i like to have my subs perform to there best ability and i am usualy good at that i have a single jl 12w7 hitting a 155 on the windsheild in a pass threw box from the trunk of my town car i wm going to be building a box for my suburban and ould love to find out what these ultra linear suba take so thanks for trying everyone keep it up
frankie
daboss593 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
if the model number was right i found this info doing a simple google search
  • Dual 6 Ohm Voice Coils
  • Dual 2.5" Aluminum Voice Coils
  • Treated Foam Surround
  • Sensitivity: 89.1dB
  • 500W RMS
OWWWWWWWWWWW you said you discharged the cap!
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
daboss593 wrote:
if the model number was right i found this info doing a simple google search
  • Dual 6 Ohm Voice Coils
  • Dual 2.5" Aluminum Voice Coils
  • Treated Foam Surround
  • Sensitivity: 89.1dB
  • 500W RMS
Thats all i could find too. The problem is with only those specs there is no way to model an enclosure for the subs. That is pretty useless info for enclosure design.
in need of sub woofer specs - Last Post -- posted image.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
My suggestion would be to build an enclosure for another type of woofer that you may be interested in, then when you figure out that these woofers are not what you think they are, you will already have the box built.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Ultra Linear is flea-market quality so 4 for $100 is about right, although it's $100 more than I would pay.  If you really want to use them, build a simple sealed enclosure @ about 3.5 to 4 cuft and toss them in.  The worse that will happen is they'll blow right away, but they will probably make noise for a while.  Don't expect much more than noise, however.
Support the12volt.com
frankie84 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
the problem with saying that they are flea market trash is far from true they arent the greatest but i have put them to the test and they hold up rather well they were a gift for my birthday but they arent the greatest by far but i have put them to the max and they really dont sound that bad i gues im jst going to have to build some enclosures i am just going to go and make a glass enclosure since no one can find anything out about them i just figured that as many peaple deal on here that someone might be able to find something so if anyone might find something just let me know i am building a complet custom 87 suburban all custom intiriorglass dash glass center console to behing the back of the front seets with a 32 inch behind ther i found four more of them and was going to run eight of them in a wall so thanks every one and any ideas for anything cool to do with the truck just let me know
frankie
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Man am I out of breath with those run-on sentences. in need of sub woofer specs - Last Post -- posted image.
in need of sub woofer specs - Last Post -- posted image.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
You paid $150 too much, meaning the pawn shop should have paid you 50 bux to take them off their hands.
Not even an Fs specified, no Qts, no Vas... Nothing. Plug 'em into the wall! THAT ought to be worth a c-note! in need of sub woofer specs - Last Post -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic