icon

1998 rodeo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ervie 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a auto start 2461 Yesterday, Customer calls today Saying Car started all by it self never even had his keys with him. Says His son called and told him car was running. I have been installing for a couple of years and have never heard of this. What should i do? Almost dont belive him
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Easiest is to swap fobs & keycode.
A fob may have a fault or someone in the vicinity may have (fluked?) a duplicate code.
The system box itself may be faulty (or prone to such faults?.
Otherwise it's a case of faultfinding - spurious interference from hi-power transmissions; unsuppressed cables; a prankster in the house; a fob in pocket or bag being unknowingly pressed; a son that misses his dad?
Good luck!
(PS - IMO after exchanging the box & fobs, if the problem persists, I'd consider a recall & refund - unless the customer understands the nature of the problem.)
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I know there are features on some remote starts that you can set to start every 4 hours...etc...up to 12 starts...Maybe this unit has a feature similar...?? Ultra start for example offers this in most of there units...Just a thought...Maybe after doing the fobs...Reset unit back to default...?! And oldspark had the rest of the points there...! There are usually 2 remotes with every remote start...Where is the 2nd one...? All I got for know...Bed tiiime....!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

* Did the car start right after this guy left...Meaning right after he left the house the son called and said the car is running...?  Maybe in the hustle to leave...He inadvertently/accidentally hit the button on the way out of house/driveway which started the car...Or say ..."Thats just the tepmerature start checking itself...You will probably notice this happen...usually once a month...This is just the remote start conducting a system check/diagnostics...No worries...We only install the top of the line equipment...Not to many units out there do this.....!""  1998 rodeo - Last Post -- posted image. Also...Most/some units have a safety start feature that requires 2 pushes or start and aux buttons pressed simultaneously to Remote Start......Might be a good idea to incorporate that feature as well as the fobs...etc...!!!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic