the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 taurus wagon / viper 571

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  

Yes the DG/VT does stand for dark GREEN/ violet.   I checked once again, this is the output from the defroster switch. It shows 11.5 volts with defrost button on and drops to 0 volts when the defrost button is pressed again.   Does this mean I can apply a 12 volt source to this wire with a relay, activated by the remote starter??

I don't mean to sound stupid about all of this, but I am a very new to doing this type of project and want to move slowly and carefully.

Thanks

Rich

cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  

i have an 01 taurus and it was a blue/ orange wire at the radio harness. the harness plugged into the radio not by the switch. it was a neg pulse not latched.

another cool thing you could do is take the aux (not trunk release) of the r/s and hook it to the headlights. I believe it is RED / yellow negative at the headlight switch and hook that wire directly to it and you can light up the front of the car when walking towards it at night.

smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Everyone

I have successfully connected the rear defrost to the Viper 571 remote start.   chev104275 & cmk0808ny were on track for the infomation using the blue/orange wire going into the defrost switch.  Special thanks to cmk0808ny for his paitence with my private messages and guiding me as to testing for negative pulse.  

Turns out it was a simple one wire connect. Connecting the blue/white status wire of the remote start to the blue/orange wire of the defrost switch.  Set the status to pulse and WORK PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!   Having a bitwriter is very handy also.

Remote starts the car, at 7 seconds the parking lights come on, and at 13 seconds the rear defrost is activated.

Thanks again to all

Rich

smokeman1 
Posted: January 02, 2010 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Now for my next question:

I have in this car a directed 556uw bypass module that is tying up a spare key.  In all of your(s) experiance, what is the best type/brand of no key required bypass to replace the 556uw with???

Thanks

Rich

minus 9 degrees out ther tonight!!!!!!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  

well everyone has their own preferance. a fortin key-override-all would do. simple 5 wire hookup.  data rx/tx, ground, constant 12v, and status

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
smokeman1 
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks tedmond, for the override advice.  I have ordered one and will give it a try.  Looks to be real simple.  (famous last words)

Rich

smokeman1 
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

Just an update... Got a Fortin key-overide-sl2, followed the instructions, wasn't sure about the one that said "to ignition", so I verified it was to the ignition at the steering harness...hooked it all up and it worked like a charm...

Thanks for guideance and direction as to what and where...

Rich

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic