the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start on subaru tribeca

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
1) factory alarms usually monitor only door triggers and some monitor ignition or both. You can try it by closing the door, lock the doors with the remotes, leave it for 30 seconds. stick the key into the ignition and turn it on. if it honks like crazy then you know it monitors ignitions as well.
2) after the car is remote started, the factory alarm is no longer functional. after the start, it is now disarmed. The doors will ONLY remain locked, no security feature is available besides the factory immobilzer.
3) if the car is equiped with a shock sensor, like mentioned in 2, the components of the factory alarm will no longer be functional as its disarmed.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
equate 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
1) factory alarms usually monitor only door triggers and some monitor ignition or both. You can try it by closing the door, lock the doors with the remotes, leave it for 30 seconds. stick the key into the ignition and turn it on. if it honks like crazy then you know it monitors ignitions as well.
2) after the car is remote started, the factory alarm is no longer functional. after the start, it is now disarmed. The doors will ONLY remain locked, no security feature is available besides the factory immobilzer.
3) if the car is equiped with a shock sensor, like mentioned in 2, the components of the factory alarm will no longer be functional as its disarmed.
Hi Ted,
Thanks for your reply. Then I have more questions confuse me....
1. From your post, I can see that I just connect the "DISARM" from alarm(For example Compustar CM5000) to "Unlock" of car. Then before remote start, CM5000 will unlock first, then start, then lock it back. Correct?
Then, what difference between it with that a thief breaks the glass get in the car then unlock the door pin, then start the vehicle?(Suppose there is no immobilizer.) Maybe the thief can just ground the unlock wire(suppose it is negative unlock), then start the vehicle.
2. Suppose the car has immobilizer, your guys should add transponder on it. If thief get in the car, ground unlock wire, ground "statu output" from CM5000, then thief should start this car. Am I right?
If so, it is not safe to install remote start on any vehicle.
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
Hi Tedmond,
I tested one car like this:
1. This car has factory alarm and COMPUSTAR 9000FMR installed.
2. I activate the factory alarm, sitting inside the car. Then press unlock button in car(not remote)
3. Start the vehicle, the factory alarm is going off.
So what if there is no FACTORY DISARM wire, how to install remote start product on it to work with factory alarm?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

a thieft would not go through that process of grounding your gwr to the bypass, hot wiring the ignitions etc. from my diagrams, there is no disarm wire, but a method to disarm is to use the

RED (+) keysense wire @ ignition switch in 4pin plug. power this up during the remote start sequence through the status output.

so take a relay

85 - status output from unit
86 - constant 12v
87 - constant 12v
30 - to keysense wire

in order for the car to disarm, it must see ignition, keysense and the transponder

Ted
Compustar Expert
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

a thieft would not go through that process of grounding your gwr to the bypass, hot wiring the ignitions etc. from my diagrams, there is no disarm wire, but a method to disarm is to use the

RED (+) keysense wire @ ignition switch in 4pin plug. power this up during the remote start sequence through the status output.

so take a relay

85 - status output from unit
86 - constant 12v
87 - constant 12v
30 - to keysense wire

in order for the car to disarm, it must see ignition, keysense and the transponder

How to check/test which wire is keysense if I dont have its wiring?
I arm the car with factory remote, then unlock the door by press the button in car(not on remote), then start the car with factory key, the factory alarm still goes off.
Thanks Tedmond
tedmond 
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

when you disarm through the press of the button on the door, the door was unlocked from the inside, therefore it tells the car someone must has smashed the window and unlocked it from inside. afterall, how would u open locks from the inside if no1 was really inside right.

to test for the keysense wire.

take your DMM, black to ground, and red to the wire you will be testing. set the meter to 20vdc. the meter will read 0v and when you insert the key into the ignition cylinder, the meter will now read 11-13vdc. i did mentione the wiring. what your looking for is

RED (+) keysense wire @ ignition switch in 4pin plug

hope this helps. good luck!

Ted
Compustar Expert
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

when you disarm through the press of the button on the door, the door was unlocked from the inside, therefore it tells the car someone must has smashed the window and unlocked it from inside. afterall, how would u open locks from the inside if no1 was really inside right.

to test for the keysense wire.

take your DMM, black to ground, and red to the wire you will be testing. set the meter to 20vdc. the meter will read 0v and when you insert the key into the ignition cylinder, the meter will now read 11-13vdc. i did mentione the wiring. what your looking for is

RED (+) keysense wire @ ignition switch in 4pin plug

hope this helps. good luck!

Thanks a lot. I got it.
Is this working for most vehicles? What are the different maker/models?
tedmond 
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

not all cars will require the keysense to be powered. on the mazdas, insted of going to the doors for disarm, if you power up keysense that will disarm the system. This applies for some toyotas as well.

most car will have a dedicated disarm wire either in the DKP or door, as i mentioned its very rare you will be powering up a keysense wire.

Ted
Compustar Expert
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Trust me, I just did a Tribeca a couple of months ago, and an Impreza the other day.
Do the tests I mentioned, and you'll see there's no way to silently disarm the factory alarm without the remote.
Keysense won't help either.
Just do this and you'll see:
1. Open window.
2. Exit car, arm alarm, leave car alone for a minute or so.
3. Reach in through open window, insert ignition key, start engine.
4. You'll hear a pretty good horn honk as the car starts.
Again, these are the choices you have:
--If you can live with the honking, install a 1-button remote start only.
--If you hate the honking but don't care about security, install a 1-button and turn the factory alarm off.
--If you really like the factory alarm and don't mind spending money, get a module from idatalink.com and install a 1-button. It will disarm the factory alarm before remote starting.
--If you want security but don't particular care about the factory alarm, turn the factory alarm off, and install a whole new alarm/start combo unit.
tedmond 
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

chris, i wonder if the new subarus will have a wire similar to the hondas. where if you break the wire, it will disarm the factory alarm, and if its reconnected, its rearmed. i guess we wont find out until more info is readily available.

from just talking to a few friends, they said the tribeca will disarm if you power up the ignition, keysense and transonder bypass simultaniously. The only way i could think of that is to use the existing ignition wire, use a relay and convert the polarity for the keysense and bypass. that way it turns on all at once. maybe someone else can try it and let us know how it goes.

Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic