icon

2008 santa fe, astrostart 613 problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bosox 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
First time posting. I searched, but couldn't find the answers I was looking for....
I just had local car dealer install an Astrostart RS-613 on my wife's 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe. I researched the product on the Astroflex website beforehand, and asked the installer for these options:
  • 8 minute run time
  • horn confirmation on second lock
  • automatically lock doors when brakes are applied/ unlock when key turned to OFF
got car back, and here are the issues:
  • no horn confirmation on second lock (service guy said they can't do it)
  • doors don't automatically lock doors when brakes are applied/ unlock when key turned to OFF
  • if we lock doors from armrest in car, the RS-613 remote won't unlock car(but old Hyundai remote will)
  • if we unlock door from armrest in car, then later remote start with RS-613, it locks the doors and starts, but neither the RS-613 nor the old Hyundai remote will unlock the doors(we have to use key)
  • If I lock from armrest in car and then unlock immediately using RS-613 it works, however.
I'm guessing the Hyundai has a anti-theft system that is blocking the RS-613?
I have an appointment for them to look at it on 12/30. Does this sound like they didn't install it correctly, or is this normal?
Thanks!
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
I can answer two of the three questions and i'm sure someone more familiar with the 613 will answer the ignition triggered door locks question. I'm guessing the installer was lazy and didn't hook up the horn output or didn't program the 613 to honk on second lock. The door unlock problem is common with a inexperienced installer. For an unknown reason hyundai made it so the door unlock stops working 45 seconds after locking with the factory remotes or locking with the door open. The fix for this is for the installer to wire a relay for driver door priority or pulse the "door unlock detection wire" and turn on the double unlock pulse option on the 613. Hope this helps.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

this is what beegbie is talkin about.

2008 santa fe, astrostart 613 problems - Last Post -- posted image.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
bosox 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2009 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for your input! I will show them this info when I take the car back tomorrow.
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
Horn confirmation and autolock are programmable features that you can program yourself if they are unwilling or unable for some reason. They may not have connected the horn wire though which should not be difficult for them to do.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
hey bosox, remember dealers dont bother doing that stuff themselves. they send it out or have a mobile installer come from a shop within the area, then install it. the dealer has NO idea what you are talking about. only the shop that does it will know. for those reading, im not saying that people working in a car dealership that install alarms has no idea what they are talkin about, just saying this is often the case.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic