the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bcm wire schematic for 2010 equinox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2010 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
I blew the main BCM fuse soldering the power wire from the remote starter to the BCM (tip of iron melted insulation on ground wire next to power wire - I couldn't see this happen since it was up in the dash - I should have unplugged it first for easier access). After I replaced the fuse there is still major problems. I am hoping it is just another fuse, but I think it might be the BCM.
I cannot take the key out or shift out of park. The accessory power outlets don't work and the parking lights don't work except for when the factory remote unlocks the doors. The car starts fine and I have checked every fuse 3 times and all of them are good, but some are not getting power (like the acc outlets). There is a larger pink wire on the back of the interior fuse panel that is not getting power and it would appear that should be the one powering the fuses that are not getting power.
I also was not able to program the AL-CA module.
Is there a way to get this out of park? Or maybe I don't want to even if i could or else it might damage something else?
I already unplugged the remote starter entirely so I can't imagine that has anything to do with it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Most GM cars have a key release in the underside of the column. Usually need a small screwdriver or something similar to poke up in there. I would try this to remove the key, i'm guessing the key is stuck in ON not in the OFF position? When you blew the BCM fuse it probably had some effect on the Key lock /shifter lock. Hopefully being able to roll the ignition back to the off position and on will help reset something if there isn't any damage to the BCM.
jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply, I had the shroud off so removing the key has been easy, but it hasn't helped anything. I am sending it to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks anyway.
elevatorguy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
The new Equinox may be different, but on the TrailBlazer/Envoy platform there is a 125 amp mega fuse under the hood that feeds the BCM. When it blows you get similar symptoms to what you are describing.
elevatorguy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2010 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
What was it?
jrilla 
Posted: January 07, 2010 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
So far they are going to replace the BCM, but when i spoke with them Tuesday, they had to find one. We'll see if that does it when they get one. I'll keep you posted.
jrilla 
Posted: January 20, 2010 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
So it took them a week and a half to locate a BCM, but that was it. Lesson learned I guess.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic