icon

2004 sable remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ford man 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2010 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

I installed Design tech model 20092 in 2004 mercury sable. Install went fairly quick. My problem is when i hit the start button, the unit just flashes the parking lights eleven times, and the led on the unit flashes fast. It will not remote start the vehicle or even try. This vehicle has a transponder bypass which i hooked up. I hooked up the hood pin switch, and the brake wire. Both are hooked up correctly. I did not hook up the door triggers so i grounded them so the alarm does not sense a trigger. I called tech support and they said it should be working. He walked through some programming with me,but nothing would work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know why you grounded your door triggers - that would probably make the alarm ALWAYS sense an open door, and the remote start might not function under that condition.
Disconnect them from ground, leave the (-) door trigger accessible if the manual has any programming functions that say "open a door", and tape both off otherwise, then see how it all works.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
ford man 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2010 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
I tried it without the door pins grounded same thing. The manual says to ground them if not using alarm. The door pins on this vehicle are negative. Im confused.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic