icon

2008 toyota highlander

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  
We put in a Remote start everything is fine except when the Auto lights are set to on The park light will not blink for locks.
Other cars we have done ask that you cut the wire and install a relay
Any1 have the diagram for this SUV
The DRLs are so weak in Toyota I dont want to fry the mod out.
I just need the park lights to work when the switch is set to auto
Thanks for the help,,Mike
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
The lights should flash if the auto lights are not on(i don't mean the switch on but the lights actually on). If they don't you have something wired wrong. To get the autolights to not come on during RS you can interupt the wire at the light switch with a relay during RS. If you just want them to go out after you RS, pulse the drivers door pin after the RS turns off.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
The lights will NOT flash when the switch is set to Auto. For locks. but will flash when the auto light are switched to off.
there is some kind of relay diagram for this like the old Ford Windstars
So I want to flash the lights when the customer locks or unlocks when the switch is set to auto
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2010 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
How do you have them connected? are they connected positive(brown in DKP) or negative(can't remember color, but it's the 3rd wire from the left on the plug at the switch)? I have done dozens of them with no problems like you describe. No relays needed, siple connections....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 17, 2010 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
I've seen this issue on the Camry. Not sure about the Highlander but it's probably the same.
With the switch set to "auto," the regular negative-trigger parking light wire at the steering column doesn't function anymore.
You could probably try breaking the "auto" wire with a relay, but that's extra work.
At the fuse box, the lowest plug, you can clearly see that the wires coming from that plug go down the kick panel, to the rear of the car. Tan is positive parking lights, and while you're in there, light blue is brake.
If you use the positive light wire, they'll flash regardless of "auto" position or not.
wyciwug 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

I wonder if anyone takes care of the problem with the Auto headlight switch in 09 Camry.  Here is the issue that I want to take care of.

I installed Clifford Matrix 3.3x alarm/remote start.

Flashing light output connected to brown wire + from the alarm.

If i turn the switch to off, then the parking light will flash in pulse mode.

If i turn the switch to AUTO: a/ if it is the night time, the parking/headlight will stay on constantly, when the remote start time runs out, the lights stay on all night and will not go off.  I know it will drain the battery.  b/  If it is the day time, then it will be no problem.   Is the anyway to fix the issue a to make the lights will go off and the parking light will flash regardless what time of the day, then the light will go off after a few seconds if the remote start ended.

THanks

dcd
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Simple, use a relay to break the auto light wire at the switch whenever the RS is on. Use the status wire to control the relay 85, 12volts to 86. Find the autolight wire with your DVM(it will have ground whenever the switch is on) at the plug under the headlight switch and cut it. One end to 30, one end to 87a.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
cameramann 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys,

I need help connecting door lock connections in 2009 Highlander base model.  I have successfully connected  remote engine start, but cannot do the following :

Two brown wires coming from the alarm module to be connected to the turn signal in the suv. 

Door locks operation. Now is that negative door trigger or positive door trigger or something else in 09 Highlander ?  The module has built in two relays for lock and unlock operation and so it has a total of six wires coming out of it.

I got 2009 wiring details online and door wires in 2009 highlander is as under :

<"Arial">12volt - wht/blk & purple

<"Arial">Ignition - Blk

<"Arial">2nd Ign - Lt. Blue

<"Arial">Acc - Gray

<"Arial">Starter - Yellow

<"Arial">2nd Start - Red

<"Arial">Keysense - lt. blue

<"Arial">Lock - brown  DKP in left side of black plug

<"Arial">unlock - purple DKP in left side of black plug; requires double pulse unlock.  Locks can be tested from driver's door key cylinder.

<"Arial">Unlock motor - Green DKP in same black plug as the locks.

<"Arial">Lock motor - Blue DKP in same black plug as the locks.

<"Arial">Lights (+) - pink @ fusebox, connector P

<"Arial">Lights (-) - Lt. blue @ headlight switch

<"Arial">Brake (+) - blue @ fusebox, connector C

<"Arial">Door trigger : Front Driver's door - Blue DKP in black plug or pin switch; Front Passenger - Blue; Rear driver - Black; Rear Passenger - Gray (I found all of these wires at the pin switches...I didn't have time to trace them back to a central location).

<"Arial">Domelight (-) - Brown @ ignition illumination cylinder

<"Arial">Horn (-) - Yellow @ switch

The car alarm is Hyutai 800 purchased online.

I am confused with lock motor connections.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You for reading this post.

cameramann
cameramann 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Guys,

I need help with connections in a 2009 highlander for car alarm installation.  I got remote start , brake connections, etc. working out ok but following is giving me hard time :

1.  Turn signal -  Two brown wires coming out of the alarm module with a fuse in each to be connected to the suv's turn signal.( I cannot find this wires in the suv)

2.  Door lock wires (  Total six  wires coming out of the alarm module )  they are two relays built in the module and are set of 2 switches simply put- with three wires in each as under :

NO, NC, COMMON.

Now, The wiring I got online for 2009 Highlander is as under :

12volt - wht/blk & purple

Ignition - Blk
2nd Ign - Lt. Blue
Acc - Gray
Starter - Yellow
2nd Start - Red
Keysense - lt. blue
Lock - brown  DKP in left side of black plug
unlock - purple DKP in left side of black plug; requires double pulse unlock.  Locks can be tested from driver's door key cylinder.
Unlock motor - Green DKP in same black plug as the locks.
Lock motor - Blue DKP in same black plug as the locks.
Lights (+) - pink @ fusebox, connector P
Lights (-) - Lt. blue @ headlight switch
Brake (+) - blue @ fusebox, connector C
Door trigger : Front Driver's door - Blue DKP in black plug or pin switch; Front Passenger - Blue; Rear driver - Black; Rear Passenger - Gray (I found all of these wires at the pin switches...I didn't have time to trace them back to a central location).
Domelight (-) - Brown @ ignition illumination cylinder
Horn (-) - Yellow @ switch

I  am confused with door wiring whether I need to connect Lock motor , Unlock motor to the module or just lock(Brown) and unlock(Purple) to the relay and whether do I need to connect any additional relays or not;

Whether it is negative trigger, positive trigger or something else in the 09 highlander.

Thank You for reading the post.  any help is greatly appreciated.

cameramann

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic