icon

2008 infiniti fx remote start.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aw11man 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Okay, I have been out of the car audio and security game for a few years now and need some help. I was telling a friend about some of the remote start systems that I have done in the past and he wants me to do one in his new car. I have not messed with a system like this before (I mostly did late model domestic stuff). Any ways here is the order any info and help would be appreaciated.
Vehicle info
Year: 2008
Make: Infiniti
Model: FX 35
With Intelli key
Customer desires
Remote start
Keep factory memory settings for main driver only.
We are looking at the Prestige Platinum XRO9100
Link to site sellign system(Please note link is for information only, not to be misconstrued as advertising or spam.)
And the Fortin CAN-SL2 Bypass Module
Link to site selling product.(Please note link is for information only, not to be misconstrued as advertising or spam.)
Installation Manual for Can SL(Please note link is for information only, not to be misconstrued as advertising or spam.)
My main questions are as follows.
1. Will this combination work for the prescribed vehicle?
2. Will this combination satisfy my customers needs?
3. Does any one know a better and easier way?
Thanks in advance for any help.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  

1) yes

2) yes
3) using a CAN bus module is the easiest way possible.

Just a tip, dont use the d2d menthod. I prefer using the w2w method. just solder and heat shrink.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
Good choices all around.
I use Audiovox products, although I haven't yet tried the XRO9100 as it's a little expensive, but I might get one. Let me know what you think of the remote when you get yours.
The CAN-SL2 works very well also.
The modules from ADS (idatalink.com) offer automated takeover without having to push the button, which is nice.
All push-to-start Nissan and Infiniti cars have the same BCM, same underhood fuse box (called IPDM), same wiring........just different component locations and wire colors.
If you do a search here for the 2007-up Altima, you'll see lots of posts with good information.
Before beginning this project, you should go to www.ifar.ca and www.idatalink.com where you can type in what kind of car it is, and then get the correct installation guides.....patience and many connections, but not incredibly difficult if you pay attention to detail, do careful work, and read all steps of the install guides.
P.S. Your friend asked about maintining Driver 1.
I've only done one-button "start only" units in these cars, and the custmer used the factory remote to open and close the doors.
On the driver's door, there's a little cover over the keyhole, and the Intelligent Key has a regular mechanical key that you can put in the keyhole to manually open the door.
Your alarm/starter combo is going to be tied into pretty much those same wires.....if you want to mess around with unlocking the car with the key (instead of the remote), and starting it and seeing what happens.
My guess is that if the car is on Driver 1 when parked, that it should stay that way as long as no one touches the Driver 2 remote or hits the button on the door, but I'm not sure.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
P.P.S.
You provided a link for something called the "CAN-SL." I've never seen/used that piece before, and it's not at all similar to the CAN-SL2.
Also, it just shows instructions for installing in regular, normal Nissans.
I wish I could provide you a direct link to the correct install guide, but I don't know how.
I just want to reiterate, go to both of those sites, and if you end up with a generic install guide that lists all different kinds of cars, it's NOT the correct one.
Each of those sites has an install guide that's specific to the car in question. It'll be entirely different from the generic guide. You won't be able to do the install even a little bit without the correct one...don't give up until you find it.
aw11man 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
Is there a way to pm.m or e-mail it?
By the way thank you to everyone for the helpful advice.
johnmax 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

I'm a moderator of a FX forum, and an owner of a FX, along with 20+ yrs of installs in my bag.2008 infiniti fx remote start. - Last Post -- posted image.

I've done well over 200 RS installs on these between at the shop and on the side for forum members. I always use a Fortin Can-Sl2, and whatever remote start I need. Usually a Compustar C-600S. works off the I-key remote, or with the included remotes. Door locks work after RS with I-key or door buttons. Key cylinder stays locked until you enter with an I-key.

The best way to go. Dont forget to pulse the door pin after shutdown to turn off auto headlights.

lsilkes 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

Chris,

Where do you so installs in MA? You can email me at vr4@cwia.com

Lorne

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic