the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

need 2010 ford focus remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
monty862 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2010 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using the domelight wire for your door triggers? If so, read no further. But if your going to use all four door trigger wires, then your going to need a DTIMAZDA module. I had to get one for my 2010 Fusion with the same Normally closed circuit. Just a heads up so you'll be ready.
cmjdjm1 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Ive got a quick question.  I need to hook up the heater so that it comes on with the remote start.  Which wire am I hooking up the one from the remote start to?  The VIOLET/GREEN at the ignition switch?  I was poking around behind the controls for the correct wire, but Im coming up blank.  This is probably a really simple answer and Im hoping someone can give me a hand so Im not blowing fuses trying to find this.  Thanks in advance!!
monty862 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
You need to have the heat or air conditioning set to the desired setting when you park it. That way, when it remote starts it will be where you last set it. IF, you have electronic controls for the climate, it is possible to wire them up to the defroster wire to automatically turn on the heat if the temp is below 50 degrees. Or you could wire to an auxillary channel for independent operation. Most people just preset before they leave the vehicle though.
cmjdjm1 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ya, Im going to just preset it before I leave the car.  I just needed to know if i hook up the heater wire from the remote start to the purple-green wire at the ignition if this would accomplish that, or if i needed to search the correct wire behind the controls
monty862 
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like it is Violet/Green wire ; according to the wiring diagram on page one of this post.
cmjdjm1 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone happen to know the horn wire and best location to tap into it?  With the airbags now Im leary about poking into wires coming off the steering column if I can help it.
monty862 
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
Depends on where you mounted the brain as to the best location to tap in. If you are near the steering column then I'd tap in there. I don't see it listed in the wiring diagram. I think it is blue/white. Take the cover off the steering column and look for a connector that looks like this;need 2010 ford focus remote start wiring - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.This is a Fusion connector. Focus should be similar. The horn wire on the Fusion is the bottom right blue/white. 2008 Focus is also this color. I'm not saying that it's definately what your looking for, but probable and a good place to test first.
cmjdjm1 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2010 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
monty862 - Thanks for the picture.  Its definitely where Im going to start my search.  Sorry I didn't thank you earlier.  I didnt get a topic reply notification, or I deleted it by accident somehow.  Anyways, Thanks again!  Im going to check it out either this week or weekend and I'll post back here.  Maybe it can be added to the original wiring list. 
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic