the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

best box for Chevy P/U, Do I need a cap?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gdoug 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2003 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

Included in my system is 2 Punch HE 10" and a JBL 600.1 amp. I currently have a cheap "fleamarket" box and I want a new box for under the rear seat. My pickup is a '96 Chevy Extended Cab. What are your opinions?

Also is a capacitor recommended for this amp? I am running 4 gauge wire to this amp and it is drawing a bunch of power from the electrical system. When it is running hard, my volt gauge drops to 12 volts or even less if the A/C is on and the blower on high with the engine idling. I even notice the headlights dim a little, when the system hits, while driving down the road at highway speed. I am running an Optima "Red Top" battery and a 105 amp alternator, both of which are almost new.

Thanx.

x6369x 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2003 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
A cap can help, especially since your not running ungodly amounts of power. General rule of thumb is 1 Farad for every 1000 watts.
Friends Don't Let Friends Bump Stock.
AL4^RuNNer 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2003 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
I built a custom box for a 1997 chev z71 it was for 2 downfiring JL audio w6's it is really not that difficult. Given the dimensions you have to work with the one I built sounds really good I seen one similar from crutchfield or somewhere, that even had an amp rack incorporated into it. I just mounted both of the amps on the rear wall behind the seat. I purchased gray carpet matching the floor and covered it. It looks like the truck came factory with the subs. But if you wanted to buy one I would search before buying, especially from crutchfield because they are a little steep on their prices.
Eat, Drink, & Be Merry.......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic