icon

dei warn away problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hyperryd 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a Hornet 564t this weekend.  This is in an '03 Tahoe with a custom airbag suspension system.  One of the options that I am trying to add is to blow the air out of the suspension when the alarm is triggered.  I used the horn output diode isolated, to a relay that activates the air exhaust valves.  I turned off the activation chirps and thought that I would be good to go.  Of course I forgot about the warn-away chirps.  If something triggers the warn-away, each time the siren chirps the truck lowers slightly.  The bouncing of the truck lowering and stopping sets off the second stage of the shock sensor and the whole alarm goes off.  I need to find a way to activate the valves when the alarm is fully compromised, not during warn away.  It can't be that hard, but I am in a mental rut on this.  There is also a 160 db train horn hooked up to the siren, so frivolous false alarms are not an option. 

One other problem.  I used a 1700G for the ignition bypass and door locks.  For some reason, while driving, when the right blinker is turned on it shows the drivers door ajar on the dash display, and turns on the interior lights.  Turn off the blinker and it is back to normal.  Since the trigger comes from the 1700G, I'm not sure what to check.    Any help would be appreciated.

hyperryd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

Wow what a mess it is when you cut and paste from Word.!!  I will try this againdei warn away problem - Last Post -- posted image.

I installed a Hornet 564t this weekend.  This is in an '03 Tahoe with a custom airbag suspension system.  One of the options that I am trying to add is to blow the air out of the suspension when the alarm is triggered.  I used the horn output diodes isolated, to a relay that activates the air exhaust valves.  I turned off the activation chirps and thought that I would be good to go.  Of course I forgot about the warn-away chirps.  If something triggers the warn-away, each time the siren chirps the truck lowers slightly.  The bouncing of the truck lowering and stopping sets off the second stage of the shock sensor and the whole alarm goes off.  I need to find a way to activate the valves when the alarm is fully compromised, not during warn away.  It can't be that hard, but I am in a mental rut on this.  There is also a 160 db train horn hooked up to the siren, so frivolous false alarms are not an option.

One other problem.  I used a 1700G for the ignition bypass and door locks.  For some reason, while driving, when the right blinker is turned on it shows the drivers door ajar on the dash display, and turns on the interior lights.  Turn off the blinker and it is back to normal.  Since the trigger comes from the 1700G, I'm not sure what to check.    Any help would be appreciated.

pjk485 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
Give this a try. First we need to change the output polarity of the dome light supervision from negative to positive. Pin 85 -dome light supervision, pin 86 12volts+, pin 87 12volts+, pin 30 +dome light supervision. Next relay, pin 85 +dome light supervision, pin 86 ground when armed output, pin 87 whatever polarity the valves need, pin 30 output to the valves. The dome light supervision pulses during full trigger. Hope this works and if anybody has better ideas feel free.
hyperryd 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

I didn't realize the domelight supervision was active at full trigger.  I will give that a try.  Thanks

Does anybody have any ideas about the blinker/door trigger problem?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic