icon

xk05/honda pilot/programming issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
First of all, let me apologize for such a long post.
I had a Viper 5901 installed in a 2010 Honda Pilot at Best Buy last week but the installer informed me that he couldn't get the XK05 to program and therefore the immobilizer could not be bypassed. I purchased everything online and only went to Best Buy for the install. The XK05 was pre-flashed with PKH4 v3.01 firmware as I initially planned on doing the install myself until I realized how much of a PITA it was going to be. After everything was installed, he tried programming the XK05 but the LED would not come on with the key in the Ignition position. He reset the unit to verify that the LED worked and it checked good. He tried programming the unit again but the LED failed to come on again. He re-flashed the unit and tried again to no avail. He tried calling DEI but they were closed for the day. The next day he was advised that the XK05 was probably bad.
During a normal remote start attempt, the car will turn over but shut off within 3 seconds, sometimes not turning over at all. With the key in the ignition in the "off" position, the car will remote start. With the key out of the ignition with the head of the key right next to the ignition, the car will remote start. It's obviously a problem with the XK05 or the wiring. The installer for some reason does not like using D2D connections, so everything is W2W. Based on the DEI wiring diagram, all that needs to be wired is Red (12v constant), Black (ground), Brown (ground when running, wired to Status output on Viper), and Violet (data, wired to light green Pin 3 on 7-pin connector on key cylinder).
I have verifed that the RED / BLACK/ Brown wires are properly connected, but I cannot trace the Violet wire far enough into the steering column to verify the connection. I know it's very possible that the XK05 is bad, but I'm kind of hoping the the problem is at the data connection. If the Violet wire was hooked up to the wrong wire in the steering column, I'm assuming this would cause the unit to not program, right? I can't get the steering column covers off because they are being held on by two screws behind the steering wheel, otherwise I would have already checked that. Is there a way I can check to see if this wire is properly connected by metering the violet wire at the 10-pin connector going to the XK05? Should I get a certain voltage or ground when the car is started? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best Buy is trying to get me to buy a PKALL but the place I bought the XK05 from will only do exchanges or credit, so I'm kind of hesitant to get it from Best Buy. Let me know what you think!
2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  
The Green wire at the white 7 pin connector on the IGN cylinder is very thin and delicate.  I would spend the time to open up the steering wheel and check that connection visually.  It should be soldered and taped, not a T-Tap.  I prefer doing most everything in W2W mode as it provide a more reliable R/S system.
Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  

i do tons of hondas, and never had any luck with the xpresskit stuff. based on the installation manual of the xk05, i have never used PIN 3 as my data connection.

anyways, there are 4 connections you need

Red constant 12v
Black ground
Volet to DATA on 7pin connector PIN 6(light green) at ignition switch
Ground when running to status output of remote start.

1) open everything up and take a look.

2) check if the volet wire is connected to pin 3 of the 7pin connector at ignition harness for data.
2a) if it is, move it to pin 6 (light green)
3) reprogram bypass. during the programming sequence, do not connect the GROUND WHEN RUNNING. just program it first then connect it back to the remote start.

see if that fixes your problem. i know most hondas inside out.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  

xk05/honda pilot/programming issues -- posted image.

as you can see in the diagram, PIN 6 on the connector(light green) is PATS data towards the right. dont get confused as to why it says in12. if you look at th epic there is a little red marker that indicates its function below. hope this helps.

cheers!

Ted
Compustar Expert
tatianablue 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
the data wire on the pilot is not green its pink so connect the purple wire from the xk 05 to pink not green and ull be able to program the bypass
tatianablue 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
u might have to reset the xk05 if it all ready took program
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

While I have not done a new ( 2009-2010  ) Pilot yet, it appears that an XK05 with PKH4 ver3.01 firmware will work.  But the PKH4 guide has not been updated yet with the Pilots wire info..  Neither has the PKALL guide.  The CANMAX400 guide has the wire listed as Pink at Pin 6.  That is the same wire and location that IDatalink lists in their guides for the new Pilot. 

Bottom line, go with Tatianablue's recommendation.  Pink wire at Pin6. 

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

verified some info. the data wire is pin 6. It can be light green OR pink. this depends on when it was made. the canadian versions have it has light green, but after July, the wires were switched to pink. sorry for the confusion.

Ted
Compustar Expert
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Who cares about the color!!! It's all about the pin BABY!
Pin 6 of the 7 pin white harness. Not the green harness. And I also have Light green listed.
Cali_pilot 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2010 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
So my violet wire was connected to the light green at pin 3. There was also a DLPK interface module connected to the connector at pins 3 and 4. The wire colors on my connector were way off from what everybody else was mentioning. Also my connector was green, not white. However, the wire at pin 6 was pink. I disconnected the violet wire from pin 3 and connected it to pin 6 and the module programmed perfectly. The car now remote starts as it should. Thanks to all for the assistance!
xk05/honda pilot/programming issues -- posted image.
2011 Ford F-150 Super-Crew FX4
HU: Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Fronts: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Rears: Infinity Kappa 682.9cf
Amp: Profile AP1040
Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX251
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic