icon

kia forte viper 5701 parking light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
genexis 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
ic. Thanks for the info. I'll try to install the system tomorrow. I'll update this thread again.
Thank you very much :)
x1le 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
no problem. take your time and it should be a breeze! kia forte viper 5701 parking light - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys!
I did the installation today, and it was a great success :)
Here are some problems faced:
alarm installation
After fixing up harness 1 and door lock and unlock, i put the fuse into the Red wire. Immediately, the siren went off (but soft). After sometime trying to trace the fault, i realized that it was because i didn't ground the the black wire. I wanted to do it last so that i can put all cables that needed grounding together into one crimp. After grounding it, everything was perfect :)
Remote start installation
I manage to find the Ignition/starter wire in I/P-A. Thanks chev104275!
I followed my wiring configuration in the previous post, and when i pushed the R/S button on the remote, there was a melody which represented "remote start successful", but the car didn't start. Not only did the car not crank, there was also no power to the dash board. After much testing, i found out that "Red 12V(+) constant fused 30a input" needs to be connected to a constant 12V, and not Ignition1 wire. That solved my first bit of problem.
Next, power to the dashboard was available, but the starter will not crank! I swapped the starter key side and car side wires and that solved the problem.
For my R/S setup, I didn't connect the TACH wire. The start was good, no over cranking.
Parking light problem
Currently, I disabled the parking light when my R/S is activated. This is because the lights take up around 4amps each side, and my isolation diode is only rated at around 1-2 amps. This caused it to get very hot, which isn't good.
, do i need the diode when i connect the Harness 1 white wire (flash light output) to the Left and Right parking light of my car? If they are needed, i guess i have to use a diode with a higher rating.
I need some advise guys
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 5:03 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm, i cannot edit my post :(
Hey x1le,
Thanks for your headups on the slight cranking when key take over. However, I didn't encounter this issue today :)
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
use one of the wires i gave you there no need to doide isolate anything there will be one connection to either of those wire   i usually use the negitive parking light wire   make sure your system is set for negitive if you decide to use it
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
genexis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Oh! I mis read your post previously. I though you were giving me the wiring for L & R parking light, which has already been tapped out by my previous alarm.
I'll look into it next weekend :)
kent4223 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2010 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Installed Viper 5902 in a 2010 Kia Forte Koup. Remote start, alarm, trunk release, and all triggers work fine.
One problem though:
(1) When Disarming, parking lights do not flash. Subsequent Disarming does not flash parking lights.
(2) When Arming, parking lights flash only once. Subsequent Arming does not flash parking lights.
(-) parking lights at headlight switch are connected to 5902 and parking light fuse is set to (-)
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic