icon

2010 altima, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
I am gonna put in a avital remote start only in a 2010 Nissan Altima with the push start button. Does anyone know if the xpresskits DLPK bypass will work for this vehicle? I found the manual for the push start Nissans on xpresskits.com, but I didn't see the vehicle listed on the vehicle compatibility chart. So I guess my question is has anyone done one of theses vehicles and also if it is the wrong bypass does anyone know of a bypass that I wont have to rip apart one of the transponder remotes? Thanks for any help.
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
It should work unless they re-worked the 2010 altima. You don't lose a key. You do need to pick up some relays/diodes though. And to test remote start you have to have the door closed.
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
cool thanks for the help.
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
jjolar 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2011 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have the wire codes for this car? I've got the same car to work on, and installing an Avital remote start as well. Besides the DLPK, isn't there another part necessary for this installation?
-jjol
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2011 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
The DLPK will work as a transponder override only for a 2010 Altima. It won't do locks or anything. Just follow the guide for the 09 its the same. you will need a few diodes and relays but the DLPK and your remote start are the only things you'll need
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2011 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Here's a link to the XK09 product page.
If anyone here doesn't have the vehicle-specific install diagram for the Altima, go to the above link, click on the "Manual Downloads" tab, and go to the 9.NISS2 firmware.
As mentioned by blanx218 above, the DLPK is not the ideal bypass for this car; however it should work if the remote starter is installed using the proper diagram, with the CAN high and low and security LED wires from the DLPK connected to the car properly. (See "Connection 13" in the DLPK's manual for this.)
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic