icon

spare tire well amp rack

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
93_civic 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 5:20 AM / IP Logged  

hi, im planning on making an amp rack in my spare tire well, flush with a piece of plexi glass on top so that i can still put stuff in my trunk. now, my amp says "do not put in a box because the heat sink needs to breath" so my question is, is it still possible to do this without making my amp over heat? i could obviously drill a big whole in the side but i want something not so noticable.

any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
Plexi is nice, but expensive and warranted usually in show situations. After it gets scratched up... the show is over. Sometimes panel covers matching the interior are ideal. Especially when it looks natural or in place. Everything I've encased for display has had a fan built into the amp, and then 1-in/1-out of the case. That way you can filter the intake and have less maintenance keeping the inside dust free. Holes are often sufficient but highly exposed to the elements. What kind of amp are we talkin here?
This is what I do for FUN!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic