icon

06 saturn ion bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timonator 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  
I need to put a security bypass module in my wife's 06 Saturn Ion so it will always start. Would someone please tell me which one I should get and where from? Thanks,Tim
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

You have the Passlock 2 system in that car.  If you have a digital multi meter, you could bypass it with just a resister.

Search this site for more info.  There are plenty of posts on Passlock 2 as this is a common problem.

Soldering is fun!
timonator 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

You have the Passlock 2 system in that car.  If you have a digital multi meter, you could bypass it with just a resister.

Search this site for more info.  There are plenty of posts on Passlock 2 as this is a common problem.

how ?

bambam3030 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
you can use a xko1 or a dlpk gm but I have been having alot of trouble with the dlpks so I would go with a xko1
bam
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  

go to downloads section of this site and search for passlock 2 wiring diagram.  I used the diagram for an  06 torrent and worked just fine.  your passlock wire colors may differ though i suggest looking at a manual for xk06 and it will show you

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

Most of the time a Bypass module is used in conjunction with a remote start unit.  The bypass module is controlled by signals from the remote start unit.  It allows the car to start without a key but does not remove that security feature, only temporilary bypasses it.

I believe you don't have a remote start unit installed in your car.  You are just having the classic Passlock 2 problem where the car will not start with the key sometimes.  The proper repair at the dealership ( replacing the lock cylinder ) is expensive.

Bypassing or removing a security feature like the immobilizer is a controversial subject on this site. See :

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~67462~KW~1stclass~PN~0~TPN~1

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=59694&PN=1&tpn=1

To search this site, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and at the "Search the 12 Volt.com" Google window, type in Passlock 2 or Passlock II.

Soldering is fun!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Search # for "saturn ion starting problem" and you'll see all kinds of stuff....common known problem that GM refuses to make good on.
This video here will show you how to correct the problem by cutting just a single wire, but two warning lights will always come on with the ignition afterward:
http://www.#.com/watch?v=ww5AGhFWcBw
the05bluredline 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2010 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
You need a PLJX bypass module and you can get it at #. And its a ION type passlock (yes it is its own type of system) I just put one in my 2005 saturn ion redline.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic