icon

dei 530t window module problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scott1587 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Ok i have had the 530t installed for my truck for over a year and never had any problems with it until now..for some reason my driver window will only roll up and down in sections. My passenger window still works fine. I have the one-touch operation on the driver side that operates both windows up and down. In order to get the driver window down, i have to keed tapping the switch. (same when rolling up). Does anyone know what the problem could be?? I have the door panel off and the 530t is in hands reach. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Scott
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
spray some w40 on the window rail to loosen any dirt,then  clean the inside fo the rail with a cloth.  if the window detects resistance it will stop, thinks something is jammed hope this helps.
rocker
scott1587 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
ok i tried cleaning the track and everything with the wd-40 but i had no luck...however i started messing with the 530t module while i was out there, and i started to play around with the "dipswitches"  when i put switch 2 (which is driver side setting) to the down position, my auto roll-down works but only going down. When i roll it up, i still have to tap it as it goes up  a little each time. Maby this narrows out some of the problems...any more suggestions? The only thing wrong now is the auto roll-up. Thanks for the help!!
Scott
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  

Cleaning the track with WD40 was a good start.

Since WD40 is not a lubricant put a penetrant, I would follow up with silicone spray or white lithium grease on the window track, especially down low on the track behind the interior door panel.

After that, I would do the resistor mod trick on the 530t.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic