icon

’05 dodge magnum remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
240sxguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Guys, thanks for providing this great forum and thanks in advance for the assistance.
I am working on my wifes 05 dodge magnum. I have the remote start completely installed and it works fine (viper 5901). However, the accessory circuit is kicking my ass! I cannot seem to get it to work properly.
I have wired a relay triggering 610ohms to ground for the accessory wire. It is very odd, because it works fine when the ign. tumbler is totally unplugged. Once I plug it back in, no dice. I tried to 5 wire it as well to isolate the resistor setup from the ignition tumbler with no luck.
Also, if the car starts the accessory then turns on after about 15 seconds.. triggering the traction control light (esp/bas). Am I triggering the accessory circuit on too early or late? I am using the orange wire from the relay pack to kick on the relay.
I know there is a directfax document for it but cannot find it anywhere on the web to ensure I am doing it properly. This is driving me nuts! I am SOO close to being done.
Thanks guys.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  

You could try it this way:  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/extrainfo/diagrams/14301_MAGNUM_CHRYSLERS%20STARTER%202%20AND%20ACCESSORY%20DIAGRAM.pdf

I used their info on a 2006 caravan, hardwiring and relays, and it worked fine.

Check out their wire listing for you car also, as it differs from Audiovox's.  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

Soldering is fun!
mitsu79 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2010 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
on this car...how do u connect the factory disarm wire..
pp
240sxguy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2010 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kreg, Ill give it a shot when I get a chance!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic