icon

autopage won't keep car running?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azboy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed an autopage rs665 alarm in a 98 chevy silverado I do not think that this vehicle has any built in security and I know it does not have a chip or anything in the key but every time I fire off the remote start is seems as though it wants to run but it just will not and I can crank it every time with the key. What have I missed what am I doing wrong here?
pitoaudiovisual 
Copper - Posts: 388
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

check the tach wire

Confidence is the key to any project!!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  

Are you getting any type of dash light during remote start attempt?  Like Security?

Better double check your ignition switch.  I believe your truck might have the Passlock 2 immobilizer.....

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2010 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Info from Bulldog Security     Also make sure IGN2 is connected as per Note #4.

MODEL  YEAR(S)

FULL SIZE PICKUP   1998 - 

KEY     T-HARNESS          IMMOBILIZER
  N/A        GM-1                 GM's PASSLOCK 2 ANTI-THEFT System, Requires 791 Bypass Module 

PART   COLOR  LOCATION  DIAGRAM
 12 VOLT CONSTANT   RED (+)    IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
 STARTER  PURPLE (+) or YELLOW (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
 STARTER 2  N/A     
 IGNITION 1  PINK (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 IGNITION 2  WHITE (+) See NOTE *4  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
 IGNITION 3  N/A       
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1  ORANGE (+)   IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2  N/A       
 KEYSENSE  N/A       
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - )  N/A       
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + )  BROWN (+)   @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH    
 POWER LOCK  LIGHT BLUE (TYPE C) See NOTE *1   IN EITHER DOOR BOOT    
 POWER UNLOCK  WHITE (TYPE C) See NOTE *1   IN EITHER DOOR BOOT    
 LOCK MOTOR WIRE  GRAY (+)   IN DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS    
 DOOR TRIGGER  PURPLE (-)   @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH    
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION  USE DOOR TRIGGER, Requires #775 Relay       
 TRUNK RELEASE  N/A       
 SLIDING POWER DOOR  N/A       
 HORN  BLACK (-)   STEERING COLUMN HARNESS    
 TACH  WHITE   @ ECM, See NOTE *2    
 WAIT TO START LIGHT  See NOTE *3       
 BRAKE  WHITE (+)   SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL    
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM   N/A        

ANTI-THEFT  YELLOW (+), ORANGE / BLACK (-) and RED / WHITE (Not used)   GM's PASSLOCK 2 System, these wires exit the Ignition Switch Tumbler together and are in the Main Ignition Switch Harness in the Column.    

NOTES

NOTE *1 If equipped with FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY vehicle will be a TYPE A door locking system.

NOTE *2 The ECM (Engine Control Module) is located on the DRIVERS SIDE INNER FENDER WELL. The unit has (2) plugs, the TACH wire is located in a plug marked "WHITE"

NOTE *3 when hooking up a REMOTE STARTER on a DIESEL, if the WAIT to START wire from the Remote Starter does not wait until the Light on the dash turn out before cranking, you will need to program in the 5,10 or 15 Second WAIT to START TIMMER in the Installation Manual. On some vehicles the Wait to Start Light on the dash is not a true (+)Positive or (-)Negative and the wire from the Remote Starter will not owrk. When this Wait to Start Timmer is programmed, disconnect and tape up the Wait to Start wire from the Remote Starter that is tied into the Wait to Start Light on the dash..

NOTE *4 IMPORTANT !!!!! this wire MUST BE CONNECTED as IGNITION #2 for REMOTE STARTING!!!!!! 

Soldering is fun!
azboy 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
yep I was wrong the car has passlock2 so ive ordered the bypass needed now...
kreg357 
Posted: February 23, 2010 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

You can also bypass the Passlock 2 with a couple of relays and a resistor.  You will need a Digital Multi Meter to determine the correct resistor value.  Search this site on Passlock 2 bypass for more details.  Its a little cheaper but a bypass module is always a sure bet.

Soldering is fun!
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
on the auto page remote starts  u need to program the remote start to either tach mode or voltage mode, it needs to be programed or it wont work.
rocker

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic