icon

06 ram temp, viper 5901 rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rbeard1979 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys...weird problem I am having. I have a 06 dodge ram with the Viper 5901 alarm/rs installed. Everything is working great, but when I remote start the truck, the temp guage on the console reads -40. After 10 minutes or so, it will make it's way back to the real temp. It does not do this when I start with the key, so it has to be the RS. Any ideas? I assume it is something with the data wire in the truck, but I don't have any ideas! Let me know if you have a fix for me...thanks for everyone's help!!
bambam3030 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  

what bypass mouduel are you using? and try to reprogram it.

bam
rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
running the DLPKCHG2 module from xpresskit...why do I need to reprogram it if everything is working? Not sure what that will accmplish? COuld you explain what that would accomplish? Thanks
rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have an idea??
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 03, 2010 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
if i remember correctly you need to use a relay to isolate the module's MUX wire from the vehicle's MUX wire... i ran into this problem on a unit 4-5 years ago and i'm pretty sure that;s what i did... his always read -30C
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2010 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
if i remember correctly you need to use a relay to isolate the module's MUX wire from the vehicle's MUX wire... i ran into this problem on a unit 4-5 years ago and i'm pretty sure that;s what i did... his always read -30C

Ok...what would it look like hooked up? what do I need to connect to which pins of the relay. I am new to all of this, so any more help would be great. Thanks!!

rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
rbeard1979 wrote:

kgerry wrote:

Ok...what would it look like hooked up? what do I need to connect to which pins of the relay. I am new to all of this, so any more help would be great. Thanks!!

Anyone that can help me with this??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic