icon

where is 238 gm passlock dia.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
andrew00perez 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
im trying to put a remote start on my 2000 impala with out using a bypass module and and my remote start dont crank the starter or turn on the security light wont turn on i tried to power the starter wire and the car still didnt crank and everywhere i am looking on line says look at #238 See General Motors Passlock ll Diagram and i cant find it also read that you need to power up another wire don't know why i really need a diagram of how to wire the remote start on a 2000 chevy impala passlock ii(11)(ll) anti theft system
thanks for you help i needed all i can get!!!!!!!!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

passlock is a resistance based theft system.

go to downloads and search passlock. you will find a diagram on how to wire one up with a relay.

or you can buy a data bypass which works really well and shouldnt cost much more.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2010 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to the AudioVox Passlock 2 diagram & bypass info:

http://documents.audiovox.com/700054.pdf

Soldering is fun!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  

to OP, i have found that the relay to the right is not necessary.

you only need one to do the passlock, the other is just to increase the ground output.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
alarep5 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  

I would suggest finding a resistor bypass module. I do a lot of this model car and have found that even with the correct bypass( I use an Astro om-passlock lll) the security is a little picky. If you are off more than .02 on the volt requirement, it will work for a while and then start giving sec fualt codes.

It is easy to use dip switch adjustable bypass to "dial in" the the perfect value required.

You may get lucky and pick the right resistor value that allows no flex in the volt value. But having the adjustment for later is nice.

If the car does shut down the security due to wrong volt value, just let it sit, ign off for an hour or so and it will reset itself. Or turn ignition on for about ten min. with everything else off and it will reset.

The resistor type bypass is the least expensive bypass I know of. I konw Astro makes one and I have seen at least 3 other brands of the same type. Check with your local r/s installer you should be able to find one that will sell one over the counter.

good luck

OLDSCHOOL - If the wire is there,...use it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic