icon

need opinion on my system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
diamondaudioguy 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
I have a diamond audio tdx15d2 sub,fosgate p1000 1bd,Sony explode head unit.this is all installed in a 99 jeep Cherokee.if I build a box as close to specs as posssble and wire the sub to run 1ohm will I get some pretty good sound? I listen to a lot of rap if that helps.right now the sub is in a sloted box that is way to small for the. Sub "1.9 cf or somewhere very close to that.I look forward to hearing your opinions and any suggestions u may have.oh also I'm running 8 gauge wire with a 60 inline fuse.I will be installing a 4 gauge kit and switching to a different fuse package.
nodiggie 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Bigger tuned box will make a nice noticeable difference. Surprised that subs spec sheet says 2.5cft. wow! for a 15? Not sure about 4ga to that amp. I would just run 1/O and call it good. I'm sure someone will chime in with more knowledge on this sub. You need to decide if you want SPL or SQ or a happy go between.
Still learning
Kraco
diamondaudioguy 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2010 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Yea me to I've watched a couple of videos on #. And most people have this sub in a much bigger box.I myself was thinking 3 to 3.5 but I'm new at this and I've done so much research and it seems everybody that runs this sub has a different size box than the other.when u say 1/0 u mean 1 gauge? And I'm lookin for more spl than sq.my amp will push 1,000 rms at 1ohm but I've been told by numerous installers that that amp is a lil underated but who knows.this sub in. My opinion is unreal I'm running way to small gauge wire amps turned down about 50% or it fries my fuse and its in a little blotted pos box and to my surprise it will flex the roof on my jeep lol
nodiggie 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2010 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  

If you haven't done so, check out the Big3 electrical sys. mod. It will help a lot especially running higher watt systems. The first thing I noticed when I installed 1 gauge (1/O) with the Big3 update; was my amp ran A LOT cooler. It wasn't working as hard to generate the output it was being told to produce. It is common to tune 40hz or so for SPL enclosures. Unless you are going to enter into compititions, I would find a medium Hz range that would compliment both for a daily driver. It all depends what your taste is and what YOU like. Sound is truly subjective but the science behind Ohms law is pretty much law.

Yeah, the sub has some impressive specs.

Still learning
Kraco
blackrosetiger2 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2010 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
1/0 is 0ne Ought (0) Gauge 2/0 is two Ought (00) Gauge and so on. There's absolutely no need for your gains to be set that high. watch this http://www.#.com/watch?v=tQDEkxD8ed8&feature=related
You only dont know what you don't ask about
Sacred Ground C.C.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic