icon

05 silverado wiring harness

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
93_civic 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
can someone tell me the correct wire harness for installing a double din in a 05 chevy silverado? i figured out the double din dash kit is the same for 92 and up gm, pontiac, and chevy vehicle's. and i think thats why im having so many problems finding the specific one, because its for such a wide verity of cars.
also, does anyone know the correct speaker sizes for the doors and rear?
this jbl chart says its 6.5's all the same around... JBL
but the scoshe website says they're 6.75's in the front and 4x6's in the rear... scosche
any input would be greatly appreciated!
-thanks in advance! 05 silverado wiring harness - Last Post -- posted image.
jeremytravis 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Well, so there are alot of different things you must take into consideration, does the truck have a premiem factory sound system? do you have and use your onstar? do you mind losing your door chime? is your truck a Crew Cab? Extended Cab?

I have a 05 Silverado Extended Cab with the factory Bose system, and I used.. if I remember correctly the Metra 70-2003 wire harness. I lost my onstar, and my door chime but I didn't mind because I never used that stuff anyway. You will however need to run an accessory wire, and break out the plastic corner tabs behind the factory stereo in order to make that aftermarket double din stereo fit. You can go with a Integration module if you want to keep the onstar and door chime and it also gives you the accessory wire but I think it sound better without it. With the Integration modules we carry it has the RCA low-level inputs for the Bose factory amp, which I think sounds like garbage, compared to using the 70-2003 and sending hi-level to the factory Bose amp which I think sounds way better. You will also need a GM-10 antenna adapter. The 05 Silverado Extended Cab should have 6 1/2 in the front doors and 4x6 in the rear doors. The 05 Silverado Crew Cab should have 6 1/2 in all doors.

**advanced mecp certified
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
Also it depends if it is premium bose vs. regular bose.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2010 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
jeremytravis wrote:

With the Integration modules we carry it has the RCA low-level inputs for the Bose factory amp, which I think sounds like garbage, compared to using the 70-2003 and sending hi-level to the factory Bose amp which I think sounds way better.

Can anybody else chime in on this? I will be installing a Double Din Navi in a GMC Yukon with premium BOSE and I was leaning towards the bypass with RCAs instead of others I have seen with out. I figured they all do low-level converters anyhow, so might as well feed it pre-outs if the new unit has it. In the past I installed an aftermarket HU in a Grand Prix GTP and we just cut up a cheap pair of RCAs and wired those into the factory wiring, RCAs on the new HU and it sounded great. I was unsure if the BOSE uses low-level inputs or not.
BOSE always confuses me and I can never get good info on how the factory system "works".

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic