icon

headlights flash in evening viper 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sstuner 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Just finished installing a Viper 791XV on my 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, but have one annoying problem. During the evening hours when I remote start, the headlights flash, but during daylight hours the DRLs flash. My son and I have checked the wiring and the Viper 791XV is connected to the Body Control Module pin B2 gray/black wire. This wouldn't be an issue but I have HIDS and afraid of burnout with the flashing. I have disconnected this wire until this can be figured out.
Any ideas?
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
Did you hookup headlights instead of parking lights? Is the Viper 791XV programmed for constant or flashing output from the parking light wire?
sstuner 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

awdeclipse wrote:
Did you hookup headlights instead of parking lights? Is the Viper 791XV programmed for constant or flashing output from the parking light wire?

According to all info I have, pin 1 (gray/black) on B2 of BCM is "parking lights( -)"

awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Did you confirm this wire? What happens when you ground that wire, does it flash the parking lights? Did you select the correct polarity for the parking light wire?
How does the truck behave when its started with a key during day/night? Are the DRLs/Headlights constant on?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  
You need to program the 791xv to "constant parking light" output. It is set to flash by default.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2010 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
You need to program the 791xv to "constant parking light" output. It is set to flash by default.
this

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic